• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

epic battle versacamm vs mimaki cjv3

scuba_steve2699

I would say to look at the dealers you would get it from as well. I have seen many that were unhappy with their printer because they could not get support and training on it. This is regardless of what brand they got. You can get a great machine but without the right training, it is worthless!

rjssigns

Buy the machine that has the service rep closest to your shop. Either brand should not require much maintenance. But if it goes down you don't want to be waiting days for help to arrive.

Warning: No matter what "they" claim, your printer will quit at the worst possible time. I think it's happened to most members on this site.

FWIW We run our SP540V a ton. It may be slow, but it bangs out very nice work.

ironchef

Thanks guys, i decided on mimaki, it comes with the take up reel, its a little cheaper, cjv vs versacamm... i can choose between mild solvent and eco solvent, i can choose my ink config, which ill be using dual cmyk, and it has an epson dx5 print head. Mimaki is the winner.... my friend