• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

eps question

laserman70

Wow, thank goodness our forums we go on for technical help with people in our industry is not like this forum.
We have many people coming on our forums for help with printers and we give them advice and give them a good direction to go in. From some of the comments I have recieved here I am amazed. I am not competeing with any of you in your industry, nor am I interested in doing so. Sorry if I ruffled feathers here.
As for the comments stated in regards to how our signs look and how they represent us. I have a successful business, pride myself and our business on service and respect for our customers. I dont hire people with attitudes such as yours, every account is very important to us and we value them wether they are big or small.
Printed 2 signs today, purchased a cheap cutter off of ebay and did exactly what my sign maker did. His cost for each time its done $205.00. My cost for machine, material and factored in time involved $635.44. Now I can do my vehicles at least 10 more times with the material I have left over.
I am sorry to those of you who gave me advice that i did ruffle feathers.
But I want to say to you, thank you.

Techman

might not save money the first set he does, but i would think in the long run he would, well depending on the size of his fleet

Not a chance,, not in any lifetime. That is unless he changes it every week...

weaselboogie

do they come cut and magically jump on the vehicle by themselves?

Its funny how materials are always the ONLY factor.

The thing that you're not factoring is YOUR TIME. You are running a successful business, shouldn't your time be spend more effiecently in your business?

laserman70

do they come cut and magically jump on the vehicle by themselves?

Its funny how materials are always the ONLY factor.

The thing that you're not factoring is YOUR TIME. You are running a successful business, shouldn't your time be spend more effiecently in your business?

My time in case you dont understand business, Is to make sure that the business operates in the manor in which it should to continue success. My time is spent to save money to make sure my people can have the benifits they deserve. My time is spent any way needed to benifit my company, my customers and the people who work for me. Oh yeah not that its your business, but I gave my people the week off between christmas and new years. So the time I am spending now is my own.
If purchasing a cutter and materials to do something that i can do myself and save money in the long run for the company. I do it.
Oh yeah by the way I have put every sign on all my vehicles, that price did not include putting them on.

Amazing how people attack someone in the manor in which you have not even knowing the issues in which you speak about.

weaselboogie

In case you dont understand business, there's some skewed perception that the business owners time is not overhead.

"your time" at work

Cadmn

Amazing how people attack someone in the manor in which you have not even knowing the issues in which you speak about.
its amazing how many people come here looking for the free money/EASY Button & get ruffled when they are explained to that it's neither free or easy to do what we do effeciently & professionally & I've been to Hp's technical Help forum & it is worthlessthey always refer you to their phone service at xxx per minuteI was Tech A+ long before I started signs . & neither has people giving out info free to cut their own throats in business.

Techman

Sorry. But many of us have been around a long time and some of us operated several businesses at once. Some of have already tried to save a few bucks by doing some things ourselves.

All of us who tried that learned the good old way that it cant be done. In the long run it cost more to do it ourselves than to hire the local expert to handle the small things.

Techman

i think his numbers just proved it

Nope, no way.
How much waste? How much wasted time? He didn't even know that a raster couldn't be cut. He had to spend at least an hour trying to figure that out. Then he had to order the machine, set it up, set up the software, load the material. and waste a good load of material. He had to spend a good load of time figuring out how to run a proper vector. He can fool the noobs but he sure won't pass this load.

Then how many times did he do a bad install and had to peel off the junk and clean the adhesive. There is no way he got it right the first few times.

If he has a well run bizz then he is worth at least a couple hundred bucks an hour.

Ill wager he spent at least a few days playing around with this. To save what?? a few bucks. To screw a real sign man out of a job? Who in fact will never darken his door again. And, will likely turn as many others as he can away from this one.

There are far more hidden costs in this deal.

ghetto_cowboy

thatd be why i said in the long run, yeah theres a learning curve, but this isnt rocket science. Some of ya'll are the most insecure "professionals" ive ever heard of. Last time i checked this was SIGNS101, but everytime anyone asks a ques. theres always a few that say leave it to the "pro's"