• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson GS6000 Discontinued???

Molenbeek

I just confirmed with Epson that it is NOT discontinued. The printer is flying off the shelves and is barely a year old.
It will continue to be sold by Advantage for sure!

GoodPeopleFlags

Like I just mentioned in another post, we just got our's delivered today. Still in the parking lot in the box until we can figure out how to get it in the door. I'll let ya know more about it when we get it going.

Did you hear anything about why it was discontinued?

TheSellOut

Well I can't say that is has been discontinued! My Fellers Rep. said that was the buzz at the SGIA. and that could all be here say.

Case

Leave it to a guy from Feller's to spread rumor around about a machine that they don't even sell....haha

Case

TheSellOut

I only posted it to try and find out the truth! This is a forum for discussions! I should have used a ? mark in my title.

speedmedia

My salesman from Advantage told me he hasn't sold a Mutoh, Mimaki or HP since the new Epson has been out. Said it makes all of the others look like toys...

Thanks,
Kurt

Case

My salesman from Advantage told me he hasn't sold a Mutoh, Mimaki or HP since the new Epson has been out. Said it makes all of the others look like toys...

Thanks,
Kurt

I would say there are different reasons to like each of the Mutoh, Mimaki and Epsons... There are reasons why I would choose ones over the other amongst the 3... They all have positives I believe...

Case

speedmedia

Oh I agree... I am just saying what I was told. I wasn't born yesterday.

I have a Mimaki and am for the most part happy with it. I do think the Epson print quality is superior but I would like to see how they hold up.

Thanks,
Kurt

Biker Scout

Didn't I read that Mutoh is the actual manufacturer for Epson's printer? I'm doubting that it's really not hurting them in the slightest.

speedmedia

I thought it was funny, one supplier says they are discontinued, another says thats all they are selling...

Yeah I know, they should make up their minds already...lol

I was also told they are made by Mutoh, but Epson makes the heads for Mutoh, Roland, Mimaki etc..

I don't know but all of the prints and samples I have seen off of this machine are amazing, color is far better than my Mimaki.

Thanks,
Kurt

astro8

I was actually talking with an Epson sales engineer today and when I mentioned that rumour has it that the GS6000 was discontinued...he laughed out loud.