• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson GS6000 Discontinued???

vroongraphics

those babies have even hit my "nick of the woods" and are the best selling printers right now...most shops are looking for the 'best bang for the buck" and Epson delivers (for both indoor and outdoor applications)...reading various posts, I found that some shops have "trimmed the fat" and are going with solely Epson GS6000, and are selling their other printers (look at "For Sale" section). I doubt if Epson will discontinue their "stud printer" as they have obviously spent a fortune on advertising! I cannot pick up a mag or browse an industry website without seeing some type of ad for this amazing printer....Seems that the plan has worked, as HP is now trying to use Epson's strategy of "ads everywhere" for their new "eco-ink" printer that uses latex inks...interesting to see how this evolves....will it become HP or Epson? Rather than Roland or Mimaki or Mutoh??

ProColorGraphics

Yeah I know, they should make up their minds already...lol

I was also told they are made by Mutoh, but Epson makes the heads for Mutoh, Roland, Mimaki etc..

I don't know but all of the prints and samples I have seen off of this machine are amazing, color is far better than my Mimaki.

Thanks,
Kurt

I was talking with the Epson rep that did the installs for the first few GS6000's and he said the it is pretty much a Mutoh machine but the print heads are totally unique to the GS6000. No other solvent print head can go down to a 3.7 pl drop size. That is what I was told.

Case

I was talking with the Epson rep that did the installs for the first few GS6000's and he said the it is pretty much a Mutoh machine but the print heads are totally unique to the GS6000. No other solvent print head can go down to a 3.7 pl drop size. That is what I was told.

You were told the truth....

Case

Case

Sorta...the latest revision of the VJ-1608 has the same print head.

OH really, the Mutoh Hybrid(which is the VJ-1608) has the same printhead as the Epson GS6000??????? PLEASE share the this new found knowledge to the world...

Case

Last edited:

Case

SE SignSupply, I don't know what you are talking about, I just got off the phone with Epson, they are stating they have the only 3.7 picoliter head that they designed for themselves and Mutoh does not have it..... Some one is full of it....

Case

Bly

A sales rep who works for a company that sells the Epsons told me the ink is only rated for 18 months. Anyone know if that's true?

astro8

I've seen up to 5 years with lam on 3m's site...haven't researched it any further though...I''ll be able to tell you first hand as soon as I see any fading!

Bly

Haha personally I love planned obsolescence in products I sell to a certain extent.

Gotta love repeat customers don't you.

You'd reckon the orange/green inks would be first to go.

I bet Gino would know..

astro8

I've been using orange and green solvent inks for years...from my experience it's the red still the first to 'show' fade.

randya

It is available in the US,
And yes, it is the same set of heads...

The GS is 8 color with a new Epson ink set.
The 1618 is 4 color with the Eco Ultra (Epson) ink set.

And obviously it is skinned out a bit differently...

Even the ValueJet 12xx, 13xx and 16xx series all have sub 4 picoliter drop size....
this allows 6 color performance using small droplets rather than relying on lc and lm

SE SignSupply

Case, you wanna take this outside!?!? :ROFLMAO:

Everyone seems to be caught up on the 3.7 pL drop size, I thought this was the standard (small) drop size since the DX5 head came out?

Also, I was told that the latest generation DX5 had a new anti-clog coating on the nozzle plate. This head is suppose to be the same for the 1608 and the GS.

PS: Randy we just got some new print saples in for the VJ1608, they look phenomenal!