• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson GS6000

cmaxdesigns

Can anyone who owns a GS6000 tell me what they paid for it? We are looking to buy one tomorrow from an company who purchased one and never opened it for $17,800. Just want to know if that is a good deal. There will be no sales tax but also no media or extra ink to accompany the purchase. Thanks for any feedback.

I posted this question on another thread but thought this thread was getting more attention.

parrott

Can anyone who owns a GS6000 tell me what they paid for it? We are looking to buy one tomorrow from an company who purchased one and never opened it for $17,800. Just want to know if that is a good deal. There will be no sales tax but also no media or extra ink to accompany the purchase. Thanks for any feedback.

I posted this question on another thread but thought this thread was getting more attention.

We bought ours in a package deal with a plotter, rip, inks, installation and warranty so it would be hard to nail down the exact price we paid for the printer. $17,800 sounds like a pretty good deal, but like royster was saying, I would do some heavy researching to see what epson says about it. How much is it going to cost to have them come set it up? Media is cheap, but you are going to shell out at least an additional $1600 in ink. Does this come with a rip or do you have a rip to drive this printer? Just a few more questions to look at on the frontend. If those are not issues, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't pull the trigger.

Now that I think about it, the rep from Pittman through out a $20,000 price tag in conversation. I don't know if this included just the printer or installation, but if they bought it new for $20,000 and got the $3,000 rebate (net price $17,000), then you obviously are not getting a very good deal. Another question to ask.

Hope this helps.

cmaxdesigns

Thanks for the replies. It is from a reputable printer here in CA. They purchased it from Pitman for $22k and provided the invoice for it showing everything included. I called and checked on the invoice # from Pitman and they acknowledged it was purchased from them. Basically it is all still in the box never been opened. They are a offset printing company who got a large account to print posters and after the item shipped the company went out of business. They held onto it trying to get other large format work but never succeeded. They don't know if it comes with a RIP or not because nothing has been opened since they received it.

Can anyone tell me what it is suppose to come with? I realize there will be no one willing to set it up for free so I am sure that it will cost me some $. Can anyone suggest a reputable company to set it up. I saw another member had issues with Advantage setting his GS6000 up and would prefer to go a different route unless everyone else had positive experiences. Again thank you for the posts and any further information is appreciated.

cmaxdesigns

To add to my post above I was able to purchase the GS6000 for $16,000 because of the possible setup fee and I will be the one picking it up instead of delivery.

parrott

Definitely a sweet deal. Still waiting to have ours installed through advantage, but I can say that they have been a joy to work with this far. We have the printer sitting in our shop waiting for set up next week and can't wait. I will post more details as they unfold.

cmaxdesigns

Parrott - Thanks for the input, please let me know how your install goes and if you could provide what to look out for. Hope all goes well for you next week or whenever your install date is.

Hzone15

Mollenbeek: Did you have all fellow sales reps sign in under differnt names and addresses then turn around to say great things about you?

Chad = Cmax
Konya = Parrot

Etc etc. Only kidding my man.

P.Jassal

Need Help to Purchase a Printer/Cutter

Hi There,

I am from Mississauga Ontario.

I want to purchase a 60" Printer/Cutter. Should I buy a Printer/ Cutter or Printer & Cutter separately.

which printer/cutter or printer and cutter is the best. what is there price range.

Gary Wiant

I'm looking at a new printer so I really can't tell you which is the best since I have only had a JV3 which prints great but I'm looking for something that doesn't require the use of ventalation. I am looking at the Epson GS6000 which is one of the printers on my short list along with the HP L25500 and maybe a Mimaki JV33, but I will tell you that I would purchase a stand alone Printer and Cutter. It's much more productive. you need to remove the vinyl laminate and put into the cutter so if you have a printer and cutter you can be printing the next job while laminating and cutting the first.

Anyone with an Epson GS6000 can you tell me if you would purchase the printer again, my main jobs are vehicle lettering ( not many full wraps, just partials) inddor & outdoor signs and Banner. Pretty much typical sign shop stuff. We do have a few customers that require color matching and I'd like to get something that doesn't require ventalation.

Thank You for your advise

WinGraphics

Premium Subscriber
How is the fade resistance of this ink?

Hi everyone, I've been in sign business for 25 years and printing with a JV3 and Triangle ink for about 6 or 7 years. I've decided to upgrade the printer to something newer. How does the longevity of the Epson ink compare with regular solvent ink like Triangle?

Are you having good luck with outdoor banners? I'm from Southern California and we get lots of sun. I'd hate to have them fade to fast.

I also use 3m 180c with 8518 lam for vehicle wraps. How does the epsons longivity compare with standard solvent like Roland's, Mimaki's and Mutoh?

Thanks for your help with this!

Gary Wiant

I'm in a similar situation I am using a JV3 with OEM SS2 Inks and I really like the GS6000 but I'm worried about the ink durability. how are everyones prints standing up to the outdoors? I don't want them to start failing 2 years after I install a sign. I know my JV 3 prints are at over 3 years and still looking good

Thanks for the advise
Gary

Rooster

Epson only lists 2 years outdoor durability for the GS6000 inks. If you're using SS2 or SS21 or something in a mild solvent or anything stronger than an eco-sol you won't get the durability you're after.

That said, I think the reason why they list the overall durability lower than regular eco-sols is the expanded gamut of the OG inks. The brighter they are, the quicker they fade. I would expect the CMYK portion to have the same longevity as any other epson head based eco-sol ink, so you'd only lose the brightest portions of the orange and green prematurely.

cmaxdesigns

After getting the Epson up and running I would have to say their are great things about it and a few small issues. The greatest thing about the Epson is the quality of print, hands down it is simply amazing and puts our Roland to shame. The verdict is still out on how long the inks will last when not laminated so I cannot answer that except for they do not scratch off as easy as the Roland ink. The print speed is very quick and with virtually no odor. If you are doing Vehicle Wraps a lot then no need to worry about longevity of inks as the print will be laminated.

Epson's customer service is great and if there are any issues with the printer a technician will be out the next day.

As far as the RIP software included (Colorburst) it is a bit cumbersome and difficult to use, customer service for Colorburst is not all that great either. Our issues with the printer have all been because of the RIP. We haven't had the chance to go out and look for another one but when time allows a new RIP is first on the list.

In comparing this printer to our Roland, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Epson. I think the quality of print and precision of print of the Epson is far better then the Roland. For Mimaki users, I don't know too much about those printers and could not offer a comparison. Hopefully this helps.

By the way their are some killer deals on these Epson's.

Swiss-Signs

Gs600

We just placed the order for this printer, so we hope to have it in our factory mid January. As soon as we have made our first experiences I'll share them with you guys