• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Pro GS6000 Printer

We are having our new one delivered tomorrow and we can hardly wait. Will be giving everyone feedback in the next 2 or 3 wks. So stay tuned.:wine-smi:Tom

CustomRide

What are everyones price quotes right now looking like on these machines?

We are getting around the $16k mark after $3k rebate (imo rebates are a joke) on a new unit...from Grimco and Xpedex with colorburst included. Not trying to down the printer at all but we were scheduled to take a look at it 2 weeks ago but the demo they had kept dropping sent files so we are still waiting.

From what I heard though it comes with a 1 yr warranty the additional warranty is like $4k. So on top of the $16k tag if you want a warranty right now on the second year it averages out to $333 a month ($4k/12mo).

I know mimaki is at $2k ish for extended warranty.

I was looking forward to posting a small report on here if we ever get to test it.

I think it maybe time for its own dedicated spot on signs101 so owners can find each other easier.:thumb:

rfulford

GS6000 Install

We are scheduled for a install Monday 7-20. We paid around 16k if you include the rebate.

rfulford

I was up and running on this machine from box to print within 4 hours. The install went smoothly. I started out by running some of our sample prints on 3m 180C in 720x720 8p. The canned profiles supplied with the ColorBurst rip were dead on. The prints matched the samples from my custom profiled Epson 9800 almost exactly. The tech and I were struggling to find the differences. The gamut of the prints is outstanding. The color exceeds all the printers I have in house with the exception of my aqueous Roland running the same inkset. While printing, there is no odor to the ink to speak of. The automatic roll takeup is one of the best I have seen. It is a very nice design that uses a "dancer bar" instead of a eye or continous tension to keep the media tensioned. There is no daily maintenance to speak of. Preventative maintenance is performed every 2 weeks and probably takes less than 10 minutes. The "microweave" feature is really nice. I have not a single complaint about the printer.

I have ran the following products with great success.

PSA: 3M IJ180, 3M IJ35-20, Avery 2010, Flexcon A400
Seemee Insight Heavy
VV Pet 15
VV Ecologic
Sihl Optilux

I am a little perplexed by ColorBurst X 9.2 for the Epson. There is a some stuff missing from the bundled RIP that I (as a long time ColorBurstPro user) was expecting to see. This could simply be the differences between ColorBurst X and ColorBurst Pro. Never the less, ColorBurst is a great RIP and I have always prefered it to Onyx.

All in all, I have to say this is one of my favorite product purchases of all time.

astro8

Looks as if you're just as pleased with your GS6000 as I am with mine...

On a side note...if you're having any issues with the back media feed holders rubbing against the media roll and causing some vinyls to develop a ripple....slide a couple rubber bands over the 'spindle' part and up to the side stop..this keeps the core of the roll a few millimetres away from the edges and stops that problem.

Apart from that I can't think of any other advice or tips to give you...the thing just works.

speedmedia

Ok guys, anything recent to report good, bad or indifferent? I am looking to purchase one of these printers this week and was just checking to see if there was any further feedback.

Thanks!
Kurt

astro8

Nothing to report on...printing just as good as the day we got it 6 months back and just emptied the waste ink tank first time yesterday.

No banding, dropouts, drips, nothing...colours are spot on...amazing printer.

Don't know that much about the Colorburst RIP you will probably get with it...Ive seen samples and they look good but the Ergosoft RIP we got is the best I've ever used.

rfulford

Today is the 1 month anniversary of our GS6000. It has been flawless so far. There have been no problems with adhesion on any of the medias I have tried so far. Also, I just finished a 25'x19' graphic on dreamscape for a local hospital. I ran this mural unattended over a weekend popping in 3 times to change rolls and submit new panels. The client was extremely pleased and we are in the proofing process for a 10'x30' on the same product. By my estimate, the printer has paid for itself in the first month. Check out epson's nifty ROI calculator.

http://www.epson.com/prxm/gs6000_calc.html

briankb

Premium Subscriber
thanks! is $16k+$3k rebate = $19k total the normal street price or was that a special from you dealer?

thanks for all the feedback of your experience. I've been going back and forth on printers for over a month.

rfulford

It was an end of quarter special offering by Grimco. The epson rebate was also an end of quarter special I believe. I wish we had bought 2. :(

astro8

We paid more than double that in Australia + plus paid the Epson 3 year warranty...

Worth every cent. I'll never go back to a Roland, Mimaki, Mutoh, HP, Seiko or whatever after using this printer.

More than ten years into digital printing and finally got a printer I'm more than happy with.

randya

We paid more than double that in Australia + plus paid the Epson 3 year warranty...

Worth every cent. I'll never go back to a Roland, Mimaki, Mutoh, HP, Seiko or whatever after using this printer.

More than ten years into digital printing and finally got a printer I'm more than happy with.

That is pretty odd, since Mutoh builds the GS6000......
Looks amazing like the VJ-1618
And doesnt it have that Mutoh 'wave' technology?

TheSellOut

Is it true that the GS6000 is only rated for 2 years outdoors unlaminated?!

Would you all suggest this printer to someone who is looking to buy their 1st eco-sol?

MachServTech

That is pretty odd, since Mutoh builds the GS6000......
Looks amazing like the VJ-1618
And doesnt it have that Mutoh 'wave' technology?

I think its the other way around....as much as Mutoh would like to take credit, it sounds like Epson licensed the wave technology along with their printhead to Mutoh. (so now they can use it in their own printer no problem)

The structure was manufactured by Mutoh, but the boards, new dual printheads and ink are all new Epson stuff....ad thats the stuff that seems to give an edge over the ValueJet series.

randya

I think its the other way around....as much as Mutoh would like to take credit, it sounds like Epson licensed the wave technology along with their printhead to Mutoh. (so now they can use it in their own printer no problem)

The structure was manufactured by Mutoh, but the boards, new dual printheads and ink are all new Epson stuff....ad thats the stuff that seems to give an edge over the ValueJet series.

No, actually Mutoh builds all of Epson large format printers in the Mutoh factory. Yes, of course they are Epson heads, but my bet is that all the parts- minus the covers are Mutohs.

The ValueJets have been out for years, all with the original and new wave patterns.

Mutoh Japan and Mutoh Europe both have spent years developing various wave patterns and have various patents/patents pending on the intelligent interweaving technique.

It is my understanding that Epson is licensing the 'wave' from us.

If you have other information that I am not aware of I am interested in see that.