• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Pro GS6000 Printer

astro8

That is pretty odd, since Mutoh builds the GS6000......
Looks amazing like the VJ-1618
And doesnt it have that Mutoh 'wave' technology?

Your missing the point...of course I know it's a Mutoh chassis and Mutoh build more large format printers than anybody...but it's the ink and the 8 colour inkset that sets the Epson apart.

For me it's all about print quality and colour matching.

If I want Pantone Orange 021C I get it....

MachServTech

No, actually Mutoh builds all of Epson large format printers in the Mutoh factory

I agree with that, but either Mutoh was incapable of driving their own print technology to this level, or the GS6000 print heads are so much better than their Mutoh cousins that it is able to achieve this level of quality.

BTW I am a fan of the Mutoh printers, but I definitely think Epson has taken it to the next level.

I am also a fan of yours on this forum, your technical insight is always worth reading.:thumb:

randya

I agree with that, but either Mutoh was incapable of driving their own print technology to this level, or the GS6000 print heads are so much better than their Mutoh cousins that it is able to achieve this level of quality.

BTW I am a fan of the Mutoh printers, but I definitely think Epson has taken it to the next level.

I am also a fan of yours on this forum, your technical insight is always worth reading.:thumb:

The GG6000 heads are just the latest generation of the 8 channel print heads, the exact same one in the new VJ-1608 hybrid in a single version and the VJ-1618 in a twin version.

The VJ-1618 is in effect a 4 color version of the GS6000, built in the same factory.

Mutoh builds all of Epson's large format printers.
Which gives us the edge on their latest head technologies in the outdoor market.

And thanks for the cudos, stop by and chat at SGIA.

nate

Anyone have a good name/email of a Grimoco sales rep? Or someone else they purchased the GS6000 from?

Case

Grimco??? lol Go with Advantage, their Sales, service, everything support blows away Grimco...

Case

WOODBS

lexjet in sarasota has it also..willing to deal. i almost got one..still may after hearing all these comments

nate

We ordered our first one today. Should be in next week. After a month or so I'll leave an update here.