Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Epson S40600 vs hp latex 115

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Sabate, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Sabate

Sabate New Member

Dec 16, 2020
    Mexico
    Hi everyone, new to this group.

I owned a screen printing shop, closed it for 2 years for medical reasons. Going to open it again.

Thinking of adding stickers, labels and high quality printable heat transfer vinyl. I´ve been quoting some machines and it got down to 2. The Epson S40600 and Hp latex 115. They are about the same price here in Mexico.

And sincerely I dont know into what I´m getting into. I cant figure out which one is the best choice. Dont know if anyone owns both and based on experience could give me an advise.

Tech support and dealer would be closer for the Hp latex 115.

Thanks a lot

Tags:
  2. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    You can sell more stickers without laminate using the latex.
    The Epson inks are softer and more likely to scratch.

3. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    How much detail do you anticipate for your decals? Ask the dealer to print samples of the same art file on each printer.

One printer prints smaller details better than the other

4. neutrinocv

neutrinocv Member

Feb 17, 2020
    Montreal, QC
    We have a S40600 and we're very happy with it. As Bly said, though, latex has a lesser need for lamination when it comes to protection. Another good point is the fine details that will output better on the Epson. Ease of getting service is an important factor to consider although on-site service has not been required on ours, so far. Maintenance of the Epson is pretty simple and minimal. If your printer will sit idle for many days in a row, the Epson will self-maintain; just leave turned ON and it can go without being used for a couple of weeks no problem. That's another thing to consider.

Purchase price is important but buying a machine that best suits your needs is even more important.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Stay safe.

5. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Latex all the way, I can help you with all that you need or at least make make sure you are going the right direction. Reach out anytime 714-878-7989