• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S80600

altereddezignz

I really appreciate all the info. We are really looking forward to the Epson s80600. There is no one that i know of close to us that would be able to over such a wide color gamut with the red and orange. So we are hoping to be able to provide services that are not here yet. That and the ability to produce a product that looks that much better than the competition will be great lol.

altereddezignz

Not sure where your seeing the 100+ profiles in onyx rip??

I cant even find but one and it was already loaded on my printer.

The Epson S-Series printers include over 100 profiles with the included Onyx RIP and have a media server you can download many more profiles from based on media type or manufacturer. The profiles are created by Epson to optimize performance with the S-Series.

If you're looking to buy soon, I'd recommend checking the dealer locator on Epson's website for whoever is closest to you and getting some print samples done on your material.

ChrisN

The company who installed our printers gave us a bunch of profiles they made. I'm surprised that your dealer didn't do the same.

Robert Gruner

Altered,

Chris is spot on...

Sorry that your install was a bust...

You might try asking your Dealer for their Epson Sales Rep's name and address...and send him an email asking if he could help you locate those profiles???

If your Dealer won't give you the Epson Rep name...call Epson and ask who is the Epson Salesman responsible for handling your Dealers account???

altereddezignz

Onyx called me today with the gm of the onyx branch along with a gm at epson. I now have a ton of profiles lol. The company who I purchased the equipment from is making this all right now. I was not using onyx at the time of the instal so I cannot say that I would have Ben able to use the profiles anyways.

We ate uaing onyx now so I just have to unlearn 10 years of how to do things and figure out the whole how to cut things lol.

fastmax

We have two of the previous generation printers (S70670 / S70675) and LOVE them. Great colors/print quality and great white also. They just run run run. Super fast, and fast drying inks. The new series inks are 3M MCS compatible inks, so that is a bonus if you're a 3M shop.

Do you have a trick to getting the white to be more opaque? i have the S70675 and i had to make my own profiles to even get white to print at a reasonable speed any ideas?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Do you have a trick to getting the white to be more opaque? i have the S70675 and i had to make my own profiles to even get white to print at a reasonable speed any ideas?
(In Onyx) After the file is ripped you can right click on it in the hold que and go to Edit > Printer Settings. In this window you can adjust passes/density and more. It takes some playing with it and some profiles allow more adjustment than others, so it might take a couple tests to see what gets you the best outcome.