• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Epson S80670 or S40600 or something else?

Saturn

Aging Member
Assuming the same quality—for 80600 users it doesn't seem bad at all. A few good things, a few "meh".

If I was a 60600 shop and 100% satisfied with what I already had, yeah, it would be time to look at buying 1-2 more of those this year while they're on sale.

CanuckSigns

The additional inks are NOT warranted whatsoever by Epson. They will fade much quicker than the standard CMYK inks will, resulting in much shorter lifespans for graphics.
I remember reading this 7+ years ago when we got our S80600 and i was freaking out that i just bought a machine that was not suitable for our needs. So I printed a few 12" squares of solid red, orange & CMYK, I installed 1 set on the roof of my building, facing up at the sky, 1 set on my back door which faces south, and 1 set i kept in my desk drawer as a control, after 2 years, the one on the roof was looking crispy, but the colours were pretty close to the control, and the set on my door were virtually unfaded, after 4 years the ones on the roof had turned to dust lol, and there was a bit of fading on the set on the door, but it still looked fine until you held it up against the originals.

I don't worry about it any more.

Bxtr

How is the S80 series with the white ink? Is the white ink good enough on transparent films?
The white is a milky opacity, it's not as opaque as our Vanguard. It works well enough for most things. But you waste a 1/16 of the ink to load and unload it. You can't keep the white ink in the machine unless your using it. So we try to group all the white jobs together and if we have one offs, we use the Vanguard.