• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Stylus Pro 4800

Silver Star DC

I have a chance to buy an Epson Stylus Pro 4800 in good condition. Can anyone tell me if this would be a good small format printer for full color vinyl graphics? I am currently outsourcing my large full color graphics, but have been asked for some smaller printed graphics. I also would be using it for apparel. Would it work well for that too? Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Jackpine

Epson makes good printers and they have many uses in the graphic business.
I have a chance to buy an Epson Stylus Pro 4800 in good condition. Can anyone tell me if this would be a good small format printer for full color vinyl graphics? I am currently outsourcing my large full color graphics, but have been asked for some smaller printed graphics. I also would be using it for apparel. Would it work well for that too? Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

petepaz

we have 4800 and 4880 but primarily we use them to print films to burn screens. we do some color work with the 4800 and it has good results the vinyl and other materials are limited. how old is it and what are they asking for it?

Silver Star DC

The guy said it is just a couple of years old. And he was asking $250.00 for it. it has regular inkjey cartridges in it now, that are almost empty. After looking at the prices on these things...I went ahead and bought it. Now I just need to start looking for an ink and vinyl supplier for this printer.

petepaz

just go to the epson website and you can find a supplier close to you or order directly from epson. $250 not bad but did you see it work yet? get a test print make sure the head is good. we replaced 2 heads in our over a 6 year period $450 each time(not bad for how much we use the thing)

Silver Star DC

yes...i made the guy run 2 test prints before handing him the cash. i figured for $250, i couldn't go wrong. so what kind of ink do i need to be looking for to make full color vinyl graphics?

petepaz

i would suggest you get epson cart.s for that machine. the only time you need something different is if you are printing films

Jackpine

The guy said it is just a couple of years old. And he was asking $250.00 for it. it has regular inkjey cartridges in it now, that are almost empty. After looking at the prices on these things...I went ahead and bought it. Now I just need to start looking for an ink and vinyl supplier for this printer.
PM sent.

mediaman

We have many customers who run vinyl and banners through their Epson printers. Obviously, no vehicle graphics but trade show work, short term outdoors (banners actually hold up quite well, especially with a quick clear coat). Many of our photographers and photo printers occasionally print graphics on vinyl to supplement their Fine Art work. There are banners and vinyl that are waterproof and the Epson UltraChrome inks are also waterproof. I wouldn't make it my core business on an Epson but if you target the correct market segment, they'll do the job well. In addition to the occasional vinyl printers, I have one customer who prints ONLY vinyl, laminates and makes game wheels - nothing but - and is very successful and has been for many years.

Randy Carone
Shades of Paper
856-787-9200

mpn

Digging this up to ask Petepaz about the head replacement. Anything special about the head replacement before I try it? One of my 4800's is setup for sublimation and the head won't clear up.