• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Stylus Pro GS6000

Does anyone have or know anyone that has this new printer that would be willing to give feedback pro or con.Looking to up grade and trying to see what the pro's think.:thankyou:

vroongraphics

Hi. I have been researching this printer for quite a while now...and I can tell you this: there is NO information from users...not that I have found. I have brought sample prints to a showroom in Vancouver and had them print a sample....LOVE the color that comes off this machine! End of the day, you will hear that Roland, Mimaki, and Mutoh are just as good...do you plan to print a lot of 1440 DPI? Outdoor durability important? If No and Yes, then look closely at Roland line...If price is a concern, look at Mutoh...If you want a printer that can handle "everything under the sun" - and like to go "against the grain", then look more closely at the Epson...I am still considering it....it is a great printer. Pricey, though.

Thanks for the feedback, it seem to be no one wants to talk about the epson 6000.Is it possible no one has bought one? Iam going to give them a hard look at the ISA show in Vegas.:beer

Letterbox Mike

To me the big turnoff is the 8-color inkset. I don't see how a solvent printed aimed at the mainstream is going to sell like that, your consumables cost will be astronomical compared to a 4-color machine. I know the color gamut is greatly expanded, but typically those kinds of bells and whistles are reserved for aqueous printers aimed at the giclee market, not the sign, banner and wrap market. I'm sure there are some niche uses for it, but i couldn't justify doubling my ink costs just for a 10-15% larger gamut.

I guess I'm saying if you want to print fine art, spend half the money and get an aqueous epson or an Hp or a Canon. if you want to print the stuff a solvent printer is really for, get a 4 color printer (I don't even see the real purpose in 6-colors on a solvent printer, you gain so little for the speed and cost you give up). Then again, maybe this is aimed at the shop who needs a printer that can print an outdoor banner one minute and print a painting reproduction the next, on the same machine...

That said, I've seen a sample off of it and the color and quality are spectacular, every bit as good as an aqueous printer. Just makes no sense though...

vroongraphics

yes...I have considered those points as well....but feel myself that the Epson would be a great choice for shops just "starting up" in large format...cap. of indoor and outdoor projects...and the cost of ink is cheaper than Roland (price per litre) according to the guy that wants to sell me one of these things...lol

I too am going to look more closely (and get some samples printed) in Vegas next month...

5starwraps

Skinz Wraps has two of them I think. I bought my Mimaki from them when they got their first one. It puts out some really nice stuff. I have spoken with their printer operator a few times and he says it is doing great. It took some time to get the colors right on but now no problems from what I understand.

em22

the gs's are great machines. i have a demo sitting about 15 feet away and it is amazing there is no oderous stench. if anyone in my area ever wants to come check it out or needs information please feel free to contact me.

EM

MachServTech

They are really great machines. Very good hexachrome inkset, exellent internal engineering on the printheads and the data system (supports gigabit ethernet and usb) smaller drop size than my aqueous printer....and makes a smoother print too. I have had a couple demos of this machine and I really like it, not to mention there seems to be no ink fumes :)
I like that they included a rip with free profiling software too. May be my next machine.

Rooster

They are really great machines. Very good hexachrome inkset, exellent internal engineering on the printheads and the data system (supports gigabit ethernet and usb) smaller drop size than my aqueous printer....and makes a smoother print too. I have had a couple demos of this machine and I really like it, not to mention there seems to be no ink fumes :)
I like that they included a rip with free profiling software too. May be my next machine.

What kind of RIP is included with the unit? Is it a colorburst product? Do you know if it can handle print/cut applications and drive a cutter in addition to the Epson?

buffalo.chuckl

Colorburst RIP is included with the GS6000. The GS6000 does not have a built-in cutter which I personally but will bug some people enough not to buy, but Epson has learned from selling it's aqueous ink machines that cutting thicker paper stock and canvas on the built-in auto-cutters dulls the blades on the auto-cutters really fast, so having a external cutter is much better. It's like getting a LCD TV with a built-in blu-ray or a dvd player. Once the dvd or blu-ray unit goes, you're not going to like your tv much, as there is a broken piece of hardware attached to it. Anyways, The Suma cutters should be compatible.

astro8

Hi all

I've been running a Gs6000 for 2 months and printed rolls of banner, vinyl, wallpaper, backlit and poster paper and the thing is fantastic and I haven't even had to clean it yet.

I've got 2 mimakis and a colorspan and haven't used them since the epson arrived.

buffalo.chuckl

I'm glad to see some satisfied GS6000 customers out there. GS6000 has been buried under all the Roland, Mimaki, and Mutoh's, but Epson GS6000 sales are going up and I myself have sold two in the last month. If anyone wants one or have any questions, let me know. Once you properly set these printers up when you get it new, you'll have great use out of them. If you don't properly set these up, you'll be chasing your tail for awhile, so if it costs you a little bit to set these printers up right, I would recommend doing so with a professional install, because you can't just treat these like the aqueous Epson machines like the 9880's and the 11880's.

Go Epson!

Hi Everyone just want to thank everybody again for their feedback and our new Epson 6000 will be arriving around the middle of this month and we are really looking forward to start using it:toasting::toasting:.We will give everyone a update on how it is going.
Tom Shelton

astro8

Hi Tom, everyone...

You'll be surprised at how little waste ink you get and maintenance is near next to zero.

Mine is setup really well with Poster Print RIP, I think you get Colorburst in the States?

Nothing to really watch out for, the thing has worked flawlessly for us, I love it.

The colour you can get out of this printer is amazing. I send some files as RGB through the rip sometimes just to get that pop out of the colours.

I've used Mimakis, Rolands, Seikos, Colorspans and nothing prints with the colour and resolution of this printer, this thing IS photo quality.

On another note, we print a lot of banners and the ink has better adhesion and scratch resistance than the solvent we used in our mimakis, something I wouldn't have believed before.

Anyway, enough of that, as you can tell I'm a happy customer...goodluck with it!