Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion Epson Surecolor 40600 vs Roland TrueVis SG

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by Goatshaver, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    I'm looking into upgrading in the next 6months and I'm not sure which direction to go in. My space is rather limited but I could fit the Epson 40600 and a cutter I can move around easily. It would be tighter but doable.

So i've been searching a reading reviews on the SG, which most are from this site, and well I don't really have high hopes for the SG after all I've been reading, from head clogging problems, to just wasteful ink usage in cleanings and just general issues seem to be fairly common with these. I know this is a small sampling but it's all I have to go by.

As for the Epson 40600 I haven't read much because I don't find much and the conversations I've seen have been very positive. Cleaning and maintenance seem very straight forward and simple.

But I would like to know from users of these machines what are the daily in's and out's of your machine? Maintenance, ink usage, calibrations, etc..

Tags:
  2. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I would get the Epson. I have the S80 and like it. I have seen nothing but complaints about the Roland SG. Especially the first series.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jpescobar

jpescobar Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Tunisia
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    I just saw they released the SG2. And one big improvement is ink usage in cleaning cycles. Maybe they have made improvements. Same heads though but new ink. Time will tell I guess.

5. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    Tough to beat the EPSON at that price point

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jonathan Castillo

Jonathan Castillo New Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Houston
    i have an epson surecolor S 40600 for sale, 2 years old. in my experience its an AMAZING machine. i just upgraded 2 months ago to the S80600. it cleans itself, tells you when it needs manual cleaning etc. colors are vivid and EXTREMELY high quality. it dries in minutes after printing, i literally take it off the machine and cut it right away or laminate.

i have MANY other sign shops who purchase from me. anyways... if you want to buy it let me know and i can show you print head patters, not a single nozzle is missing. 16k new asking for 9K O.B.O. (include ink plus material to get you off the ground)

7. perfectpdf

perfectpdf Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Chicago

These are less than $9k from Grimco brand new and installed after rebates....They are the best printer on the market hands down.....but there is no way it will fetch more than a few grand being over 2yrs old.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Check out the HP 115 Latex!!

9. Rick Tennyson

Rick Tennyson New Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Mid-South
    Do

Do you have a reply to his post?

10. perfectpdf

perfectpdf Member

Jan 8, 2015
    Chicago
    Do you mean do I have a response to the OP original post?

11. Rick Tennyson

Rick Tennyson New Member

Sep 14, 2019
    Mid-South
    I am in the market for a printer also, but it sounds like your pricing is high compared to others. I know pricing is all relative, but I'm listening.

12. Jonathan Castillo

Jonathan Castillo New Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Houston
    Open to trades also.