• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinion Epson Surecolor 40600 vs Roland TrueVis SG

Goatshaver

I'm looking into upgrading in the next 6months and I'm not sure which direction to go in. My space is rather limited but I could fit the Epson 40600 and a cutter I can move around easily. It would be tighter but doable.

So i've been searching a reading reviews on the SG, which most are from this site, and well I don't really have high hopes for the SG after all I've been reading, from head clogging problems, to just wasteful ink usage in cleanings and just general issues seem to be fairly common with these. I know this is a small sampling but it's all I have to go by.

As for the Epson 40600 I haven't read much because I don't find much and the conversations I've seen have been very positive. Cleaning and maintenance seem very straight forward and simple.

But I would like to know from users of these machines what are the daily in's and out's of your machine? Maintenance, ink usage, calibrations, etc..

Goatshaver

I just saw they released the SG2. And one big improvement is ink usage in cleaning cycles. Maybe they have made improvements. Same heads though but new ink. Time will tell I guess.

i have an epson surecolor S 40600 for sale, 2 years old. in my experience its an AMAZING machine. i just upgraded 2 months ago to the S80600. it cleans itself, tells you when it needs manual cleaning etc. colors are vivid and EXTREMELY high quality. it dries in minutes after printing, i literally take it off the machine and cut it right away or laminate.

i have MANY other sign shops who purchase from me. anyways... if you want to buy it let me know and i can show you print head patters, not a single nozzle is missing. 16k new asking for 9K O.B.O. (include ink plus material to get you off the ground)

ProPDF

i have an epson surecolor S 40600 for sale, 2 years old. in my experience its an AMAZING machine. i just upgraded 2 months ago to the S80600. it cleans itself, tells you when it needs manual cleaning etc. colors are vivid and EXTREMELY high quality. it dries in minutes after printing, i literally take it off the machine and cut it right away or laminate.

i have MANY other sign shops who purchase from me. anyways... if you want to buy it let me know and i can show you print head patters, not a single nozzle is missing. 16k new asking for 9K O.B.O. (include ink plus material to get you off the ground)

These are less than $9k from Grimco brand new and installed after rebates....They are the best printer on the market hands down.....but there is no way it will fetch more than a few grand being over 2yrs old.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I'm looking into upgrading in the next 6months and I'm not sure which direction to go in. My space is rather limited but I could fit the Epson 40600 and a cutter I can move around easily. It would be tighter but doable.

So i've been searching a reading reviews on the SG, which most are from this site, and well I don't really have high hopes for the SG after all I've been reading, from head clogging problems, to just wasteful ink usage in cleanings and just general issues seem to be fairly common with these. I know this is a small sampling but it's all I have to go by.

As for the Epson 40600 I haven't read much because I don't find much and the conversations I've seen have been very positive. Cleaning and maintenance seem very straight forward and simple.

But I would like to know from users of these machines what are the daily in's and out's of your machine? Maintenance, ink usage, calibrations, etc..

Check out the HP 115 Latex!!

Goatshaver

Has anyone heard or seen the new TrueVis SG2 in action?

I'm very close to getting a new machine...I was about to pull the trigger on one but my issue is with the cutting. I do a lot of smaller cut stickers and labels and I love doing full cut outs. So with that in mind I'm really hesitating on the Roland SG2 because I just don't think it will give me the results I'm looking for.

Has anyone heard or seen the new TrueVis SG2 in action?

I'm very close to getting a new machine...I was about to pull the trigger on one but my issue is with the cutting. I do a lot of smaller cut stickers and labels and I love doing full cut outs. So with that in mind I'm really hesitating on the Roland SG2 because I just don't think it will give me the results I'm looking for.
Then what machine do you think will? The Epsons are not 2n1 or print cut machines.

greysquirrel

first version of the TruVis was a nightmare...the resolution of the heads is less than the competitors...for what you are doing...go with an epson s40 plus a summa vinyl cutter with tangential blade...same cost as the tru vis

Goatshaver

first version of the TruVis was a nightmare...the resolution of the heads is less than the competitors...for what you are doing...go with an epson s40 plus a summa vinyl cutter with tangential blade...same cost as the tru vis

Yeah I'm getting a quote on the S40600 and a Summa D140 and Summa S Class 2 D140. I'm super small so I can't afford the S Class 2 T model but maybe the next level down, which I'm sure performs much better than what I'm used to in an all in one system and it would increase productivity as well.

I just hate having to switch machines to cut, really a lot of trouble when the one machine can do it all. Somebody convince me two machines are better than one. I need six printers (print/cut preferably), but on the fence right now. Somebody help!!

Pippip

Do you do much laminating? as you'll be lifting off the machine anyway on those jobs.

Also depending you how busy you are you can only print or cut with one machine or have both running with two.

rjssigns

I just hate having to switch machines to cut, really a lot of trouble when the one machine can do it all. Somebody convince me two machines are better than one. I need six printers (print/cut preferably), but on the fence right now. Somebody help!!

Print/Cut rigs will never be as accurate on long runs or complex cuts as a Summa. Been there done that with a print/cut rig. Once you experience the difference and speed you'll wonder why you didn't do it right away.