• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson surecolor S80600 ink dry time? vs Ecosol Max 2

dale911

President
I believe it’s the media that is allowing it to happen. I run a Mimaki JV150 with ss21 inks and that doesn’t happen on my vinyl or banners but does happen on PET blockout. Have you had this happen on a bunch of different medias? I am highly considering the UCJV-300 for my next printer in a month or so.

Also, I tried the white inks in the Mimaki and was only able to get good results by doing overprinting and to keep the overprinting from having too much ink and bleeding, I had to run at 24 pass, unidirectional printing with standard speed. It is agonizingly slow and only a decent white on clear finish. It’s not worth it so I pulled it and switched to light black and orange to get better gamut. Looking forward to having a nice UV printer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decomurale

Custom wallpaper shop
This happens on all media. We tried over 10 different types. By the way, the new white ink (LUS170) off our mimaki UCJV300 is increadible. We can print one pass on black vinyl without the white showing any of the black beneath it. Not only are the inks extremely opaque they also stretch to 170%. For anyone wrapping vehicles or fleet graphics it will be awesome too.

a77

My S40 inks do scratch easily as well. Not sure about the comments saying GS3 ink is 'indestructible'..
I laminate almost everything.
I have a pebble textured material I use for rollups... it seems to protect from scratching.
I could see how you would have issues with unlaminated prints..