• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Equipaint

netsol

absolutely right. i still feel i have lerned a lot from equipaint.
i know i am still one of the new guys, but i visit the site every day so I figure I would
offer my opinion

MikePro

i think a light-hearted jab would still warrant a warning.... not like he dropped some N-bomb that would justify insta-ban. however, i'd watch the "thin-skin'd dictator" references, as chinese censorbots might add this site to the ban list.

Reveal1

Always thought equippaint to be reasonable and a good contributor. Yes it was a rude, slightly inappropriate comment but banning him, really? How about a middle ground, sort of like we used to be expected to behave face-to-face before the internet allowed us to hide? Yes, naive I know, but one can hope.

WildWestDesigns

Always thought equippaint to be reasonable and a good contributor. Yes it was a rude, slightly inappropriate comment but banning him, really?

Ok, this isn't going to win friends or influence people, but here is my take on the situation, for what it's worth.

Not only was it in inappropriate comment (not just slightly), but it was (and most importantly) an irreverent comment.

I've butted heads with the current admin on this site, so there is no fanboy here, but some comments just don't logically need to be made.

This is/was an ongoing trend with bob and equipment that I had noticed. They say what they want, because they can and they want to (I would honestly expect more control from an adult, but that may be too much to ask in today's world). To me, regardless of level of knowledge, it doesn't mean that there is a free pass for irrelevant comments, jabs just to stroke your own ego. Both of them hate "meta" posts, but they were also guilty of those same posts fairly often .

I have no problem with jabs and comments that are appropriate for the situation, the little tidbit that I saw wasn't the case.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ok, this isn't going to win friends or influence people, but here is my take on the situation, for what it's worth.

Not only was it in inappropriate comment (not just slightly), but it was (and most importantly) an irreverent comment.

I've butted heads with the current admin on this site, so there is no fanboy here, but some comments just don't logically need to be made.

This is/was an
ongoing trend with bob and equipment that I had noticed. They say what they want, because they can and they want to (I would honestly expect more control from an adult, but that may be too much to ask in today's world). To me, regardless of level of knowledge, it doesn't mean that there is a free pass for irrelevant comments, jabs just to stroke your own ego. Both of them hate "meta" posts, but they were also guilty of those same posts fairly often .

I have no problem with jabs and comments that are appropriate for the situation, the little tidbit that I saw wasn't the case

Ahh, who is bob ??

TimToad

This is/was an ongoing trend with bob and equipment that I had noticed. They say what they want, because they can and they want to (I would honestly expect more control from an adult, but that may be too much to ask in today's world). To me, regardless of level of knowledge, it doesn't mean that there is a free pass for irrelevant comments, jabs just to stroke your own ego. Both of them hate "meta" posts, but they were also guilty of those same posts fairly often .

I have no problem with jabs and comments that are appropriate for the situation, the little tidbit that I saw wasn't the case.

There are several members who have posted far more personally insulting, more mean spirited, more disrespectful, more member enflaming, more irrelevant to the topics things on a far more frequent basis who have never lost their posting rights for more than some token wrist slap period of time.

Bottom line, its Paul's site, he can ban anybody he wants for whatever reason he wants. There are lots of other sign related venues on social media where good quality people like equippaint can go offer advice and seek it.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
There are several members who have posted far more personally insulting, more mean spirited, more disrespectful, more member enflaming, more irrelevant to the topics things on a far more frequent basis who have never lost their posting rights for more than some token wrist slap period of time.

Bottom line, its Paul's site, he can ban anybody he wants for whatever reason he wants. There are lots of other sign related venues on social media where good quality people like equippaint can go offer advice and seek it.
Though you'd be standing up for him... I though he was your pal

TimToad

Though you'd be standing up for him... I though he was your pal

I am his "pal" away from this hen house of busy bodies like yourself. Your problem is that you say that like it's some kind of bad thing while you also misspell a word. Like making friends with people from here for some of us isn't logical or acceptable.

Don't you have more constructive things to do with your time than keep starting these kinds of threads which only feed speculation, gossipy curiosity, etc..?

For a guy making so much bank all by yourself, you sure have a lot of spare time on your hands for things that you have no control over. Nor should you.

Did it ever occur to any of you cackling hens that he and some of us might have better things to do with our time than get embroiled in all the pearl clutching and insincere speculation about his departure?

What part of the free enterprise system do you not understand? He said something the owner didn't like and he got banned. If it had been you or I, Paul's right to do so would be identically legitimate.

Do I wish Paul would apply the same filter and stiff sanctions against some of the worst offenders here in dragging the place down into the mud on a regular basis? I sure do, but it's not my website.

You see equippaint whining about anything?

You see him begging to have his ban lifted?

He doesn't need a cheerleading section like some here. He's found better things to do with his time, like run his business to his best ability.

Andy D

"You see equippaint whining about anything?

You see him begging to have his ban lifted?"

How exactly would that work if he's banned?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This thread is going nowhere, so I might as well add my 2¢.

Toad..... now, you have the audacity to say who is or is not acceptable ?? Yet to be friends with, on any such format ??

You tend to stick your nose in like a meddling old dodderer into everything from money, to politics, to friendships to business practices and then some things not worth mentioning. And the reason for this is..... what/why ?? Cause you don't care as you stated or just trying to make a fool outta yourself ??

Equipp is a big boy and knew exactly what he was doing when he said those things time again and again. He took his cues from people like you. Your babbling about nonsense and whining like a whipped pup when you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar and brown nosed signsupport to get others thrown out. You mr toad..... are almost always at the base of most controversies.

You call it cheerleading, but many of us call it sticking together with those wearing the same colors. We go to bat for our friends. We also point out misdoings or wrongful thoughts, but we don't say..... ahh, just let 'em go, he'll find someplace to talk.

Some of us are connected, but not how you think. We're in a trade, but more so, we're all in this together and for that reason only..... if you were accused of something you didn't do, we wouldn't be dancing on your grave, but trying to right a wrong.

Only the two people involved in this.... what has now become a silly matter, can either make friends or just keep it as is. Your input means squat.

Johnny Best

Busybodies, gossipy, lots of spare time on your hands, cackling hens, pearl clutching and insincere speculation!
I am thin skinned and this hurts me deep Mr. Toad.
Look at all the fun equipaint is missing.

ikarasu

I've played video games by a certain company for over half of my life. I met a lot of my current local friends, as well as played the game with my wife for over 6 years. They recently banned, and took away the winnings of a competitor because he said "FreeHK" during an interview.

They had to disable their account deletions because so many people did not agree with the decision, saw it as censorship in a country that is supposed to value Free speech above all else... And saw it as bowing down to a country and selling out their customers to get some extra cash.

Thousands of people deleted their accounts, even more just unsubbed... myself included. this situation isn't exactly like that, and I only bring it up as an example of sometimes going too far, even for the right reasons causes more harm to you/your brand than you figured you'd be experiencing if you didn't do it.

Yes, this is Pauls site. And he can kick anyone off for any reason. But this is a forum... anyone can go make a Xenforo forum, get a few voulenteer mods...and theres a replica of S101.

It's not the site, nor is it paul that makes S101 what it is... it's the community. One that's slowly been dwindling down and being replaced with new, non experienced people who ask the simplest of questions... questions they should know before they even dream of buying a printer. But Alas, everyday theres "what vinyl works with my printer, how do i do this, how do I do that?" And everyday... one of the older community members answers. Well... whats going to happen when all the experienced people are gone?

ALL the regulars on this site have been a prick at one time or the other, hell.. I'm sure I've offended quite a few people with a snarky reply. Just like some of the new people have... It happens.

Bans should be reserved for the most agrevious offences... not a little jab. I too hope he comes back, if it happened to me... I'd likely hold a grudge and not want to come back, I'd have moved on and brought my knowledge elsewhere. So... who knows if he even wants to come back.

But again... Not my site. But it's a 2 way street, Just as we wouldn't have S101 without paul hosting the Forum... he wouldn't have a forum without it's members. I think it was a bit of an over reaction, and I hope he can see that.

Yahoo got comfortable and got replaced by google... Digg got comfortable and replaced by Reddit... Myspace to facebook, Geocitty to wordpress, I could go on and on and on. The internet is a big place, and the next popular sign forum could be a click away... Heck, most of the above sites started because disgruntled ex employees wanted something better and decided to make it.