• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ERROR 20 , mimaki jv3 16

carloslfigueroa

Hello to all from Honduras, i have a used mimaki plotter, when i turn "on" the machine, the display show this error:

ERROR 20
I/F BOARD 01

someone knows about it?

i checked the mimaki manual but dont see a solution for the error. :doh:

i hope your help, thanks.

Cfigueroa

astro8

This error means most likely your interface board or main board is fried.

Time to ring a tech.

carloslfigueroa

-sigh-
is possible connections problem on the main board?
i think wich if main board is fried, i have not other option to buy the main board.

astro8

-sigh-
is possible connections problem on the main board?
i think wich if main board is fried, i have not other option to buy the main board.

Try all your connections...

There is a merchant member on here that repairs these boards for a very reasonable price if I remember correctly.

ColesCreations

Well...

If your main board is fried, your heads may be clogged, if they are not flushed. It may be a waste of money to have it fixed, as you are looking at $6-8k to replace the heads, plus the main board. Maybe up to a $10k job...
You can get a good one for that price, and keep the other one for spares.

Check before ordering a tech, good luck...

WrapperX

Well...

If your main board is fried, your heads may be clogged, if they are not flushed. It may be a waste of money to have it fixed, as you are looking at $6-8k to replace the heads, plus the main board. Maybe up to a $10k job...
You can get a good one for that price, and keep the other one for spares.

Check before ordering a tech, good luck...

I think he is refering to a PLOTTER not a PRINTER.