• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Estimate Software LOCKED!!

Kevin-shopVOX

Thanks Chris... sounds interesting! Yeah, I have the ND Graphics spreadsheet. It is somewhat weak and limited. They used it with me as a "sales tool" when they sold me the Edge system. I used it at first for basic stuff, but it had limitations. Think I might just have a plan in place... :rolleyes:
Check out SignVOX. If you are interested in adding more than just a pricing software and implementing a sign management software take a few minutes to learn about it. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have and see if it is something that would be a good fit for your shop.

Tim Aucoin

Check out SignVOX. If you are interested in adding more than just a pricing software and implementing a sign management software take a few minutes to learn about it. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have and see if it is something that would be a good fit for your shop.

Appreciate the offer Kevin. I already use a software from EFI called PrintSmith to manage pretty much everything (except Gerber printing). I "manually" enter the Gerber invoices into PrintSmith. It does everything from estimates to A/R for me. Been on this system for 15 years. Your software looks great, but it also looks like overkill for what I need. I'm actually working with the developers at PrintSmith (slowly!!) to try and come up with an easy solution to pricing Gerber stuff in it. I love the educational aspect I'm going through right now to find a solution. It's fascinating! :smile:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
This is exactly why I did not upgrade our Estimate past version 2. They moved to a subscription based pricing model. As soon as you stop paying you can no longer fully use the software which chaps my butt.

I will fully admit though - Signvox's system looks sweet.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I'm not to sure what the pricing needed for a gerber is, but when I do a digital prints I just have xcel documents set up for that. All I do is throw down the quantities of my materials needed in preset categories and it does all the math for me. I just update as needed, save as the newest date and I'm done. ... I can go back and compare pricing models from any date I saved a new version at and I have all my quotes saves under the customers so I have backups before I do any quoting. might be a little bit more work ... but all I have to do is download my newest version to my laptop and I can quote in the field and easily integrate back into the main system when I get back. (haven't seen that in an estimating software ... at least not as easy of a process.)

Techman

Plus, those open style spreadsheets can be used on any machine anywhere any time and never have to worry about lock outs.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Plus, those open style spreadsheets can be used on any machine anywhere any time and never have to worry about lock outs.

+1 to that ... in the near future if I switch to a cell based tether for mobile internet on my laptop ... I will be switching from soft files to web based files with google spreadsheets. You can still download to a soft file but they are stored on the web.

signswi

I'm with Kevin on crap in crap out. Your estimating software is only as good as your setup. You should do a full price audit at least bi-annually no matter what you use to figure prices.

thewvsignguy

With our older roland PC60 we charged .50 per sq. in. on anything that was printed. Not to mant complainers, either they want it or they don't.

Kevin-shopVOX

Appreciate the offer Kevin. I already use a software from EFI called PrintSmith to manage pretty much everything (except Gerber printing). I "manually" enter the Gerber invoices into PrintSmith. It does everything from estimates to A/R for me. Been on this system for 15 years. Your software looks great, but it also looks like overkill for what I need. I'm actually working with the developers at PrintSmith (slowly!!) to try and come up with an easy solution to pricing Gerber stuff in it. I love the educational aspect I'm going through right now to find a solution. It's fascinating! :smile:

Fair enough. Offer stands any time even if you are just window shopping. :)

Kevin-shopVOX

+1 to that ... in the near future if I switch to a cell based tether for mobile internet on my laptop ... I will be switching from soft files to web based files with google spreadsheets. You can still download to a soft file but they are stored on the web.
I'm not sure about other POS systems but with ours all that info is always accessible via a spreadsheet for download or via a quickbooks export which mirrors the entire system. So should you ever want to leave you are never handcuffed by the departure. Though leaving SignVOX once your on is hard to do....it just feels right. After all it is designed specifically for what we do on a daily basis.

Kevin-shopVOX

This is exactly why I did not upgrade our Estimate past version 2. They moved to a subscription based pricing model. As soon as you stop paying you can no longer fully use the software which chaps my butt.

I will fully admit though - Signvox's system looks sweet.
Thanks! Take a demo...I have to warn you though...looks sweet is one thing seeing what it does and offers is super sweet