• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Estimate vs. Cyrious???

luggnut

i've only used esitimate and i'm happy with it, i'm a one man shop. it doesn't track inventory , payroll or any of that stuff, but works great as pricing and invoice ... as i understand cyrious and activity do that stuff

Malkin

We wrote our own program...

Basically an excel spreadsheet with a few boxes to enter the specs and a page full of formulas to calculate an estimate.

All Signs Inc.

Yes, I have. It is one of the three that I'm looking at. To be honest I have heard from several who have the program that it has been lacking to say the least on the support side. It seems the program itself has been OK but support and company longevity is questionable.

activitydude

Yes, I have. It is one of the three that I'm looking at. To be honest I have heard from several who have the program that it has been lacking to say the least on the support side. It seems the program itself has been OK but support and company longevity is questionable.

Hi. This is Terry Miller, owner at Activity Software.

I'm very sorry to hear people expressing these ideas. As for as longevity we are alive and well and will continue in business no matter what Cyrious wants people to believe.

As for support, yes, Activity did have troubles in the past as far as support goes and, let's face it, we can't satisfy everyone. If we could I'd be a lot happier in my life :)

But, I can promise anyone on here or elsewhere that I do not tolerate that lack of customer service in my company. And my wife, Kathy, hates it even more.

If anyone out here has some information on lack of support please PM me and give me the chance to find out about it and correct it.

Thank you for giving us a chance.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
As for as longevity we are alive and well and will continue in business no matter what Cyrious wants people to believe.

cyrious was never mentioned as slamming you, why would you bring that up?

seems like every time you chime in you have something to say about them, yet i haven't seen them say one thing about you....

activitydude

cyrious was never mentioned as slamming you, why would you bring that up?

seems like every time you chime in you have something to say about them, yet i haven't seen them say one thing about you....

Ddarlak,

I thought they kicked off this forum.

For your information, Cyrious hi-jacked one of our former websites. I believe I've mentioned that before. Go to www.activitycorp.com and see who you get. They also call our customers and tell them we're going out of business.

So, buzz off jack

sarge

all signs .. to be honest, in the long run i think you will be happier if you get a copy of access from microsoft .. they have plenty of templates that will walk you through the process of establishing your own sign tracking application .. it comes bundled with microsoft office .. or i am sure you can download a trial version .. you can do so much with it .. i am sure if you can make a sign you can figure out how to build a database application that is tailored just for you

Albion

We have been using our own system but have outgrown it's use in the last 2 years. We decided to purchase Cyrious and are currently implementing the system. Many of hours are required to set this program up but I believe that all the time we are spending inputting data and customizing it to our needs will be worth the money.
-Razor

ddarlak

Go Bills!
:thread

terry - all i'm saying is that instead of choosing the high road and boasting about your product, you ALWAYS seem to drag the others name through the mud...

just not a good thing for the owner to be doing....

learn from this - jack - next time someone is interested in estimating software, talk yours up - instead of the others down.....

and i'll promise to stop pointing out your issues

weaselboogie

Terry seems to have a lot of issues and I'm willing to bet that customer service issues can be pointed right back at him, because I'm not seeing too much integrity here.

Replicator

:thread

terry - all i'm saying is that instead of choosing the high road and boasting about your product, you ALWAYS seem to drag the others name through the mud...

just not a good thing for the owner to be doing....

learn from this - jack - next time someone is interested in estimating software, talk yours up - instead of the others down.....

and i'll promise to stop pointing out your issues

:goodpost: :rock-n-roll:

activitydude

Ok everyone. Here's the thing. Yes, I do have issues with Cyrious. I don't consider their sales procedures as being ethical. We certainly don't call their customers and tell people that they are going out of business. If you click on any link with the name cyrious (.net, .org. .whatever) you won't be linked to our website. Point is, when I first saw this thread my only thought was to let all signs know we were available. He said he thought about us and had heard stories about us going out of business and having poor tech support. I answered those questions very positivly and happened to mention the competition as one source we have been told continualy of as spreading these rumors. And, no, they don't slam us out here (I don't think they are even a Merchant Member at this time.) I just want people to know we are not a bad company.

As for the going out of business rumors, these have beeen going around since the year 2000. That was nine years ago. Meanwhile, GM, Chrysler, and several big banks have gotten into serious financial troubles and have all but failed. We are still here and will be for a long, long time. I'm proud of that.

Also, have you seen my post for last week about our sales policies?

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=46043

I've very proud of my company and have worked hard to improve it's sadly real tech support problems we inherited from the previous owner and I will continue to let people know when I feel it needs defended from false rumors.

Terry Miller

wildside

If you had to make a decision right now between Estimate or Cyrious software....which one would you choose and why???

we choose EstiMate first...due to price point....didn't even last a week before we bailed on it....we then went to GraphixCalc(merchant member)

graphixcalc worked good for awhile, when we started needing more customized things and options we had to move on

we choose Cyrious, have used it in the past, but pricey....ever since we have gotten it, never had an issue, never do, great support, great program

sorry terry, i actually had not heard of activity:covereyes:

something to always consider is your own needs, is it worth spending several thousand on a program to help control your pricing and estimates and invoices, absolutely, although some think it is a waste of money.....

Rodan68

Estimate and Quickbooks here. Had Cyrious for awhile but I think it was too much program for my needs. Actually it's for sale if anybody is interested. (Silver Ed. Bas. OOB 3.1 Version).

activitydude

Mark,

To be honest I'm glad that you are happy with Cyrious. It really is a good, but very pricey, program. :) I think ours is better, of course. :) Anyway, as I said, we are not made for everyone. All I want is something of a level playing field.

All Signs Inc.

I really appreciate everyone's comments on my original question. I'm sorry if it struck a nerve with a few. I do plan on downloading a trial version of Activity and see how it works. I have already had a Cyrious demo and I'll be making a decision shortly thereafter.