• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Estimate vs. Cyrious???

gnemmas

Before you spend any money, ask for their licensing policy. Would they allow you to install on more than one computer but can use it one at each given time where the dongle is. (Estimate yes, Cyrious NO, Activity, don't know.)

License transfer policy: Would they allow you to transfer the license? (Estimate yes, Cyrious NO, has to pay around $750)).

activitydude

If you put Advantage on a SERVER then you can use as many links to it as you want. We sell by Computer depending on which setup you have. If you simply want one station but multible users on that computer, we sell it by the computer, not the number of users. Which ever makes more sense to the customer.

We don't use dongles anymore, we use Software Licensing. Safer and easier for you and us. No dongle conflict.

1. If they sell their business and include our software then there is no charge.
2. If a computer fails and they need to reinstall, again, no charge.
3. If they wish to transfer or sell Advantage to someone else AND notify us first, there is a $200.00 charge.

Thank you,

All Signs Inc.

From what Cyrious is telling me I have to purchase user licenses for each terminal. You can put it on the server but still only the number of users you purchased can be open at a time.

gnemmas

When you have multiple terminal, yes. But you will have a hard time to move you server(for instance, upgrade to a newer computer) yourself without tech support. You usually start with one station until you completely set up your pricing structure and happy with the program then you increase licenses as needed.

When you have one station, you would like to have the flexibility of working at home or shop at will. Like flexisign or Omega. You won't be able to do that with Cyrious. Make sure you READ the license agreement regarding transfer part.

As regards to Activity stated policy, that is clear and fair. If Activity still offering that "Stimulus special" last December, that is a better deal. $1,000 unlimited invoice.

Checkers

Ultimately, when you add up all the bells and whistles of the sign estimating and accounting software, they all end up being close in price.
Try all of the programs and run with what works for you.
The good thing about using any estimating software is you're going to make money and, more importantly not going to leave money on the table - if you take the time to set up the software correctly.

Checkers

RJ California

Cyrious had a very slippery pricing structure, maybe they still do. My dealings with them a few years ago was like dealing with a used car salesman. Pricing was based on number of invoices you create each month, among other things. It seemed that the salesman assigned to me was trying to figure out how much I could afford before giving me a price.

Cyrious had a very slippery pricing structure, maybe they still do. My dealings with them a few years ago was like dealing with a used car salesman. Pricing was based on number of invoices you create each month, among other things. It seemed that the salesman assigned to me was trying to figure out how much I could afford before giving me a price.

So what was the final price he gave you???

RJ California

I actually don't remember -- it seems like it was north of $2000, possibly around $3500 or so and it could have gone much higher. If the program works for you and it puts more profit in each invoice then that price is not an obstacle. In the end my issue with them was more personal -- I did not like the salesman or the slippery pricing structure.

Check out Activity -- they are bringing out an updated version pretty soon too.

signs2trade

Activity User 11 Years

I have been using activity for 11 years. I have looked at Cyrious and it was way too expensive.....
I have never had any problem with support ....... ever........After 10 years using the product there were still some things I did not know. Terry flew one of his support techs to Houston (Robin) for two nights to retrain me at no charge. This was his way of thanking me for 1o years of using his program and maintaining support.
You cannot in my opinion go wrong with Activity.
Keith

cdiesel

Hey Keith,
Does Activity allow you to track jobs through the shop? That's the area we are looking for help in, and I like some other here, was not pleased with my dealings with Cyrious.

signs2trade

Hey Keith,
Does Activity allow you to track jobs through the shop? That's the area we are looking for help in, and I like some other here, was not pleased with my dealings with Cyrious.
I hate to sound dumb but I dont know. Idont track by jobs through the program. Im sure it does. Ask activity dude or call Activity or better yet email robin at rposey@activitysoftware.com

Rising

A reignition of this very important thread.

Estimating software is a vital piece of kit. We knew how to price, just never charged for everything we should have, thus leaving money on the table and was also very time consuming.

Now we have our pricing software running smoothly and we trust all we enter into it comes out with correct consistent pricing with PROFIT.

I have just answered in another thread about Sign Tracker, which looks ok, but could never get the chance to talk over it, as phone never answered or returned a left message. Also not happy with no option to buy, only rent as such.

We did lokk at Cyrious too, a couple years back, but pricey and agresssive selling put us off.

We opted for Estimate and we love it. It doesnt track through stages as such, but you can print job list in progress etc, quotes, makes work orders, invoices.

Never heard of Activity til today, sorry

I know this was started ages ago, hope the opo got sorted.

Pricing is so important, and the more we talk of the structure of it, hopefully more of the cheap boys out there will get a grip and start charging proper money for a skilled proffession.

PRICE TO MAKE REALISTIC MONEY NOT FRIENDS! (meant in the nicest possible way of course).

Steve

jmcnicoll

Terry,

We are in desperate need of software and have been waiting to we can afford Cyrious. We would always consider other options if we feel they will meet our needs. However, when I see the owner of a company with a major attitude toward there customer base I think I would have a hard time choosing your product. Till I read your "buzz of Jack" comment I was ready to find your website and look into it, now I don't think so.

Jim