• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Estimating Software

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Wowza. Well on the DB export side of things I will admit that would be a worry of mine. I've had that bite me in the a** before with a proprietary forums system..... Now our stuff is on MySQL and phpMyAdmin gives me direct access to the DB and about a dozen export options ranging from SQL, csv, plain text, and more. We are one who still use Estimate (version 2) which uses a Nexus DB. While not my personal DB of choice I can (and have) if needed grab some tools to get my data in a proper format that I could bring into some other DB with relative ease. That being said I think the entire DB issue is far beyond the overwhelming majority of users heads regardless and they would need a professional to re-integrate their data export into something else no matter what they do or change to. I doubt most would even know if they could or should worry about something like that.

J

john1

I'm worried about getting aids from a toilet seat, I no longer use public restrooms....What if ya know?

Just kidding.

I hope we can all get along, I don't want to argue with any of the members here. We are all good people.

SignVOX

Merchant Member
Wowza. Well on the DB export side of things I will admit that would be a worry of mine. I've had that bite me in the a** before with a proprietary forums system..... Now our stuff is on MySQL and phpMyAdmin gives me direct access to the DB and about a dozen export options ranging from SQL, csv, plain text, and more. We are one who still use Estimate (version 2) which uses a Nexus DB. While not my personal DB of choice I can (and have) if needed grab some tools to get my data in a proper format that I could bring into some other DB with relative ease. That being said I think the entire DB issue is far beyond the overwhelming majority of users heads regardless and they would need a professional to re-integrate their data export into something else no matter what they do or change to. I doubt most would even know if they could or should worry about something like that.

Yes you are right. Where ever you move to that company will get the data out of the db and convert it into their format. You can import the xml export and import that to some thing like mysql or any sql db. You are also right when our customers move from their previous POS software we write scripts to migrate data from different POS's to SignVOX. Same thing when we send data to QB, we map data from our format (customers, vendors, invoices, po's, payments) to QB format. And also it need not be the relationships need to be in the db, those can be in the application also which is the actual code and the application layer will manage those relationships before getting data in and out of the raw db.

Master's Touch

Can I ask a dumb question? Is there a website for this revolutionary awesome software? Cause when I search for signvox, all I get is a blog. No links to what the program actually does. Is there a site that actually helps me JUSTIFY 130 bucks a month?