• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Etched Vinyl with logos cut out

Chasez

Stop using soap and water.

Why do you say that?? soap and water is all we use.. its quick, works incredibly well, and is much cheaper than using rapid tac or equiv. Install etch dry is only a good choice if you're not very busy and have nothing better to do... Maybe someone can prove me wrong, but installing a 3' w x 5' h band of etchmark (your choice) - how long would it take you to install (clean the window, cut your material off the roll, install, and clean up) by yourself? Now I know there are many variables so lets settle that; interior install, install at 72" AFF, silicone on 2 sides with track top & bottom w/ minor silicone over edge of the flat polish glass.

Edit: I should also mention that it is a solid piece of etch w/ no cut outs or premask... but to make it interesting as well, what would your timing be like with x3 3" horizontal stripes spaced evenly in the height of the band and premasked?

Chaz

johnnysigns

I'm not sure there's anything to prove wrong. There's no "one size, fits all" answer. If it's working for you and your clients are satisfied, that's about all that needs to be said.

BingoBrewster

I sometimes had problems only covering the cut areas with transporter, as the vinyl can stretch/tension awkwardly. Best to cover the entire sheet with transporter.

Leave to dry 24 hours if possible, if not, wet the transporter and tear off in thin strips like tiger stripes, to avoid stretching and avoid pulling off the glass.

I was sold a roll that could be applied dry. Awful stuff. Its applies ok, but you end up with wrinkles that wont go away as soon as any sun gets on it..

alex242

Forgot to mention, the transport should be a bit smaller than the adhesive for better alignment purposes. Anyway, some small parts may come out while tearing the transport; its a slow and patience work.

I rather cover just the cut area with transport, but its my opinion. I'm learning this job daily, no teaching is better than the self experience...