• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ever been polled?

knucklehead

You turn on the TV set, all ya hear is about this poll, and that poll, and some other polls. I've had a home/landline phone for almost 40 years, and I've never been polled about an election, ever. Is it just me?

But Danika Patrick did call me the other day, telling me about GoDaddy's specials.

visual800

DUDE!!!....I said the same thing on facebook the other day. About how we ALWAYS got 5000 surveys, polls and never in my 46 years on eath have I ever been asked to participate...its all BS!!!

Craig Sjoquist

Yes in fact just before the 1st debate, was asked about 20 plus questions some where shifted to how I answered or not.
Was interesting & fact finding not even misleading, but then again do I believe in polls taken, well guess it depends on who is financing them in which questions asked.

There is 3 billion people in the great America land so can you reach even 10% in a short time frame.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Thanks to caller ID, I no longer answer the poll calls, but I DO VOTE!

I no longer answer the telemarketer calls either, and that alone has drastically reduced the number of those annoying calls.

JB

SignManiac

I never give out information to any telemarketers unless they give me a credit card number first and then bill them at $75.00 an hour from the first question until the last. None of them seem to want to pay me for my time???

J

john1

Kinda personal question don't ya think? I'll keep my polling to myself....lol

Nah no calls yet but i am still young. I'm sure i will get 500 calls now haha

Edna

I worked on a pole when I was a orange yonger girl. Made grate money dancing at the "performing arts theater"

thewvsignguy

The problem is once you get polled and you give that party your answer, if you give them the right answer they call you back over and over in order to get their poll numbers up.

Very deceiving the way they manipulate voters. You need to do your research before you vote, there are more then to two presidential candidates!

GypsyGraphics

I never give out information to any telemarketers unless they give me a credit card number first and then bill them at $75.00 an hour from the first question until the last. None of them seem to want to pay me for my time???
flipp'n brilliant.... making it my new policy!!!

Marlene

I've been polled many times (not the way you think). we just got a call on the weekend and hubby hung up. I usually will answer the questions. you can usually tell who and what by the questions. I've also been pulled when walking thru a local mall to answer some questions.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I first thought this was an obscene thread about getting pulled, then I thought of the old **** trick, then as reading more, I thought this was about getting pulled pork sandwiches.

Now I get it...... I hang up on these people all the time or just don't pick up the phone.

We'll all know in due time. Like polls mean anything. It's only there to give news people in all the mediums something to talk about. Without these polls, they'd have to report on traffic or weather conditions.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
a handful of times, i always like getting the call.

the way the system works, your not just answering for yourself, your opinion is multiplied.... gotta like that!

showcase 66

I had a friend of mine that was just out of college during the last election. He got an as he called an "Obama job". All he did was call and ask questions or meet with people at certain areas. He said it was amazing how they would get you to answer the questions the way they wanted you to. Every Monday he would go to an office and for 4-6 hours they would go over the same questions but they were now asked slightly different.

The company hired professional writers, and Psychologists write the questions. They would then teach them how to ask the questions to get the "right" answer. He told me that someone in one of his meetings asked if this really worked. They pulled him up to ask him a question. They showed put up on the screen how they wanted him to answer. My buddy was shocked how they could and did do this. He quit a little bit after that. Said he would never do a question poll again.