• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ever noticed this messed up national logo?

Pat Whatley

Just got mentioned to me today that the S in LOWE'S doesn't match the other lettering. Somehow I'd never noticed....now I'll never be able to un-notice it.

Attachments

• asasa.jpg
    asasa.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 148

704signs

Never noticed it ... Here is a pic of an install I did at the corporate headquarters.

Attachments

• lowes.jpg
    lowes.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 94
I noticed it years ago and I've never thought there was anything right about it. I wonder if the designer had some concept in mind when he created it. I can't think of any logical reason why someone would design it likethat.

it just looks to me like they reversed the s...so to make it upside down which is weird i don't see any reason why you would do that. Funny tho ill never be able to look at it agian.

GypsyGraphics

They tried to keep one thing from their first signage.
is that true john?
i was curious and tried searching for info on they're logo, like the story behind the logo or the designer.... but found ZIP.

if there's a story that goes with the "S" ... it'd be cool.
if not... there's nothing cool about it, it's just REALLY bad.

qmr55

This was the original Lowe's...

And one time someone told me that the "s" is shaped like that because from the angle you usually see it ( straight up when walking in store ) it looks normal like that. It fits with the text at that perspective. I don't know how true that is though! Take a look next time you're walking into a lowe's.

Edit: Also, check this out: http://careers.lowes.com/about_history.aspx

Attachments

• first_lowes_store1.jpg
    first_lowes_store1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 123

Guerilla Signs

is that true john?
i was curious and tried searching for info on they're logo, like the story behind the logo or the designer.... but found ZIP.

if there's a story that goes with the "S" ... it'd be cool.
if not... there's nothing cool about it, it's just REALLY bad.

Don't know about John's story but if you look at the bottom of this page you can see the "S" has not changed much over the years while the rest has.

http://media.lowes.com/assets/PressKitFactSheets_History2012.pdf

visual800

nope never noticed that either BUT I did notice those cheapass faces in the lettering turns yellow quickly....ahh corporate signage

Supergirl

Great that's all I will see now hahahaha -- Like the arrow in FedEx

Markus

Yeah, I can never again look at their truck and not see it!

It will be the same with Lowe's!

maybe it was one of those neighbor's kid redid the logo. he did a bad job, but it was accepted.
ever since, designers never dared to change it because they thought there's some history to it :Big Laugh