• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

everyone is in a rush ???

Craig Sjoquist

As most know I do everything by hand, & get the same they want it done yesterday.

Lost a new customer cause could not finish the job in 3 days (largest job I've had in 10 plus years ) told them I'll try ..they took at I will .. finished in 4 finished some clean up & collected check on 5th then told they would never hire me again. geez Oh it was no event or any urgent real need or extra money in pay.

Because of that job is another reason my attitude has changed. I normally say 7 days anyway & now any sooner demand extra cash.

But this new age seem to expect instant everything. & many shops here supply that now.

fmg

Very simple answer to people who say they want it yesterday, "Then why didn't you come in and ask for it yesterday"

Suz

Rush Rush Rush

Agreed! Everyone in a Rush!

I am feeling a little overwhelmed! Yes, everybody wants their stuff NOW... I'm not seeing too many offer money down though. So, I was thinking about approaching all these "Rush" Customers like this:

Provide a general quote. Then ask, "Are you really that much in a rush?"... If so, give them the percentages on how much more they will pay over the general quote I gave them. Here is a rough of what my percentages might be:

Need it in 3 weeks: ...No extra, ....but 50% down to get it on my job board!
Need it in 2 weeks: ....................Add 15% to quote, 50% down.
Need it in 1 week: ....................Add 30% to quote, 50% down.
Need it in 4 days: ....................Add 50% to quote, 100% down
Need it NOW/Get it in 2 days:.......Add 80% to quote, 100% down.