Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excellent for Working with Microsoft Products

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Marie, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Marie

Marie Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Hattiesburg, MS
    My assistant discovered this program yesterday, and I have already used it several times in just one day. It is a free program that opens a lot of Microsoft files (that customers use to "design" with). Once the file is open, you can save it as a PDF - which then opens easily in Illustrator. The link to the download is below.

http://www.openoffice.org/

Tags:
  2. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    that software is pushed a lot on the author's forum i'm a member of...never tried it...i have microsoft, so i don't really need it..

3. Lunatic Taskbar

Lunatic Taskbar Very Active Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Nova Scotia
    Yup Openoffice is great and at a fantastic price, I have been using it for years.

4. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    Yeah, it's opensource and free!

5. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    open source software is the comming thing. I know a two docs offices using it now. FREE is good. Free and works is better.

Free and works and doesn;t bloat our machines is great.

Most of us willnever us 90% of the features in most commercial software.

6. JoySigns

JoySigns Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Lincoln ne
    Now if there was only a free program that would open files from the newest version of Illustrator CS3 so that I could at least view them!

7. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    On a sorta side note, anyone know if Linux will run CorelDraw X3? I know that there are so-called equivalent softwares, but will Linux open native Windoze softwares? I started looking into Linux, but have no real knowledge on the subject. I read that Corel v9 would run on Linux, but don't know any more than that.

8. Lunatic Taskbar

Lunatic Taskbar Very Active Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Nova Scotia
    I do have CS3, but I agree on lesser versioned machines it would be great to have a utility that will take a CS3 file and "save-as" to a lesser version. now that would be a real useful tool.