Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Export issues

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by cardfan4342, Nov 5, 2007.

1. cardfan4342

cardfan4342 Member

Feb 26, 2007
    First and foremost, very little experience working with files other than vector images. Running Flexi 7.6 created a file with a printcraft fill added text and a jpeg image from a royalty free site off the net. I originally added a transparent lens to the jpeg. tried to export this file as an .eps to send to versaworks for print on my vp540. Flexi locks up and will not export. tried to remove lens no help. eventually got the file to the rip by saving as a tiff but this sacrificed the quality of my text, added pixelation. any help? Thanks

Tags:
  2. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    The issue your having is ...........FLEXI is a memory HOG 4 gigs memory at least ......6 gigs to run good. I have 3 and have the same issues . Getting ready to bump to 4gigs ......the specs are in the flexi manual !!!!!

3. VinylCraft

VinylCraft Active Member

Sep 16, 2005
    It sure is a Pig. Dang

4. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    Not likely.. XP machines can only use 3.7 gigs of rammaximum...

5. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Then why does Flexi crash and lock up on bigger files if its not a mem issue ? no other program i run fu**s up like Flexi does and seem allot of peeps with flexi have this issue.

6. cardfan4342

cardfan4342 Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Photoshop or Illustrator courses are in my future. Till then I will have to continue struggling with flexi. PMG how do you like that quickmount? Would you recommend this? Just about to purchase one. Am I correct in my assumption that Illustrator would be a better route overall for signs, wraps etc? Don't have much time to spend re-educating.

7. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Dont want to be a :thread ill Pm you.

8. cardfan4342

cardfan4342 Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Thanks!