• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

exported image into versaworks

2 see signz

no matter what file or setting i export this picture, it comes up darker in versaworks,

its a photo, imported into x5 , published to pdf, ive tried tiff,eps and jpeg, they all come up the same...darker in versaworks

any ideas...

GVP

Don't know if it's of any help, but I've found you often get a brighter image if you export photo images as RGB rather than CMYK.

2 see signz

yep it comes up darker in VW and prints how it looks on screen in VW aswell...
i tried rgb, same thing, i played with the photo to make it lighter that worked, but it has me confused as to why....

Roto

yep it comes up darker in VW and prints how it looks on screen in VW aswell...
i tried rgb, same thing, i played with the photo to make it lighter that worked, but it has me confused as to why....

Your colour management in Corel is not set to the same as VW.
You need to look at colour management in VW & Corel.
See Attached.
Roto

Attachments

• Colour management.pdf
    388.5 KB · Views: 100

Colin

Roto: On that PDF, where does one find that VW "Color Management Properties" screen on the right?

Mike F

Roto: On that PDF, where does one find that VW "Color Management Properties" screen on the right?

Settings > Quality, then at the bottom click "Properties" under Color Management. You can also double click on the Queue A or Queue B folders at the top and that will let you set the defaults for that Queue.

2 see signz

its still doing the same thing even after i changed the profiles...

have i missed something?...
1. open x5
2.new page 300dpi cmyk
3.import jpeg
4.save as eps with cutcontour

vw opens and its darker than in x5

ive tried changing jpeg output to cmyk...no differance
ive tried saving as pdf..comes up file corrupt in vw

Colin

Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried RGB as "Primary Color Mode" instead of CMYK?

scrip

in the publish to PDF
go to the settings
go to the color tab
you will see a button there that you would change to "native" for the color export of your document. This way if your image is in RGB it will stay RGB. if your text is pms it will also export as a pms color.
( then you will save the settings with a name so you will be able to use it again)

2 see signz

in the publish to PDF
go to the settings
go to the color tab
you will see a button there that you would change to "native" for the color export of your document. This way if your image is in RGB it will stay RGB. if your text is pms it will also export as a pms color.
( then you will save the settings with a name so you will be able to use it again)

Thank you...