• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Extremely Fast Wide Format

jasonx

the technology is very similar as the small format, however drop out can be minimized with proper maintenance and using approved medias. though you also need to take into account viewing distance, as this is wide format typically you are viewing from a distance and a "thin line" will most likely not be visible. chalk it up to the price paid for printing that fast.
i can tell you that after using the unit for a while we do not get dropouts and images are very clean.

We have a narrow Memjet device hence why I asked. I think the technology will be better when the nozzles are staggered for redundancy and you basically have two nozzles firing in the same spot alternately so if one is dropping out you won't get a line it will be more hidden.

Is the maintenance procedure the same on your device? Wipe the head array etc?

Do they have a more automated maintenance setup or is it still all manual?

Rob Bellissimo

just a quick update for those interested.
We had a great showing at SGIA Vegas, both the Vortex4200 and the Vortex850R Label printer were huge hits.
we are printing alot of grey back poly and backlit materials and are always building a portfolio of approved medias on 3" cores.
coated bonds, and 170-200 gsm glossy /satin photo papers are still amazing!!