• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

fabric banner material?

petepaz

i had a new request from a customer
they are looking for a banner but not vinyl they want a fabric
new to me but i am finding this website to be extremely helpful with all the knowledge from everyone involved
so any one have any thought s on this one
i called fellers and they don't carry anything that fits this description

petepaz

truthfully i was not sure how to do the graphics because i din't know what material i would be using
but i will check out the beacon graphics material
thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sunbrella, oil cloth, Columbus cloth and many others are still available. According to what you're going to put on it.... most of these are for silk screening or painting.... not vinyl.

McCullough 800-423-8204

masterdesigns

Your type of printer is the key to this one; not all media can be used for all ink systems. Recommend you do a search for your printer or specific ink types and go from there.
Bob

jbq7448

Fabric banner material

I don't know who you talked to at Fellers, but they must be new. They carry Magic's FAB-6 flag fabric. It is supposed to be able to be used in and out of doors. It is a 6 mil polyester that is pretty opaque. I have used it a number of times to do table drapes for tradeshow tables using HP UV ink. One nice thing about it is that you can buy a 36"x10' roll if you think this may be a one time thing and you are not stuck with another 90' that you don't know what to do with. If you do a second and hang it up in the shop though, I think you will find that most people really like the fabric banner and will try to find a use for one.

I have also used 3P Inkjet's "Heavy Express Banner". It is also a polyester, but is a looser, coarser weave and you can see thru it a little. Looks really good in verticle banner stands and can be used with all inks. There are a whole bunch of people making banner fabrics out there and they are all a bit different. Once you know more what your customer is looking to do with the banner, you can start to see what looks like it is going to work the best. I have gotten some samples from Fisher and they look nice, but they are pricey. Don't quote a price until you have a good idea what you are going to be using cause there's a big price difference between poly and silk.

Good luck

Typestries

We have been using the poly oxford 8 from sunbrella (glen raven) with great success. It prints much better on the uv-curing printer than the solvent machine though. I' sure if I profiled it on the solvent and messed with it I could get better results, though. As a general rule though, fabrics print far better on a uv curing machine than a solvent. The uv inks sit more on top of the fabric and yield a more saturated image.