• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Facebook Freedom

petepaz

like someone already mentioned it is what you make of it. if you take it to seriously or get offended easily then it's not the place for you . i have gotten in contact with family and friends i haven't seen in years for one reason or another and it's nice to see how old friends are doing. we actually had a little get together a few years ago like a signs 101 get together,
i will admit i am probably on there more than i need to be and share a bunch of useless garbage but it helps lighten the mood and break up the day. i try not to get involved in political discussions because they can get out of control way worse then they do on here. i will also say just from posting pictures of jobs i have done i have picked up a few jobs here and there. it's just like the radio or tv if you don't like it or it's not for you then just change the Chanel

kgirl

I've never had any issues...but I suppose it all depends on who you add or who you have in your life that you open up yourself with..

Pete Moss

Like many on here I broke up with Facebook. It wasn't as much the annoyances that too much time with any friend tends to produce. It was the fact that I felt as if I had to check facebook daily. I had a schedule for usual checking/ posting and then times like waiting in line, etc. just as a filler. It wasn't as if I couldn't stop or spent too much time plugged in. On average it was about a half hour a day. Again, just the fact that I felt as if I needed to log in, and for what? Most always nothing too exciting or enriching. The current research shows that the seeking one does whilst on facebook (or email, etc.) releases dopamine.

These days I choose to get my dopamine from other, more enriching sources like making things in the wood shop, hanging out with friends, etc.

Who knows, maybe someday I'll pop back on. For all of it's follies, facebook really is good to check in with folks you don't otherwise get the chance to catch up with.

Last edited: