• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fake Email Orders

Rickey J

Just received this email. Scam? I am really getting sick of these.

"Hello,
My name is Frank and i would like to order banner from your shop. the reference of the order are listed below. please create a proof and a quote so the i can have it approved.

Description......white vinyl material with grommets and hammed at each corner,and lettering.Outdoor use.

Text on banner........"FIRST CAPITAL PLUS " in Blue ink.
Sizes...........24"x60"
Quantity............150pieces

please advise me the Payment method you do accept and also how long will it take you before getting me those banners for pickup to be Schedule.Please advise to my email as soon as you received this email.
Thank You Very Much.
Regards
Frank Jerry"

Perks

How do you know they are fake?

Ask him if he would like to set up an account or if he can give you a credit card number including expiration date to begin if he agrees to your quote. Dont bother haggling. How soon does he need it? Any delays will push it further back on your production schedule. You can also opt not to qoute via fax. If you have email then correspond that way and you have his order verbatum. I dont know if you price per sq. Feet, probably some where between 15 and 75 dollars a SQ foot depending on you time and maybe artwork. You might get a better deal if you sub out to a silk screener. One color you know. He might have to supply the blue color authorize what you have for blue. Reserve the right to come close in color.

the graphics co

I got one of these with a cc number once. Seemed fishy so i called the credit card company and they said if i had proceeded with the order and ran the card they would have filed a fraud claim and taken the money back with or without the product being delivered. Watch out.

petepaz

i like to email them back with a really high price and either i don't hear back or they tell me it's ok but they need to work out the payment and shipping. (if they tell me it's ok i know for sure it's fake) someone told me the scam is actually with the shipping. i am not sure exactly how it works but something with you pay the shipping company and then bill them on their CC, somehow they get their money out of the shipping. or something like that

IronHawk

Definitely a fake order.

Speling, cApitalizatIon and punc.tuation,issues are normally (but not always) an easy tip off. Especially if this came out of nowhere without any other communication..

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just tell to pay upfront and you'll call 'em to pick 'em up when you're finished.

StarSign

We get these all the time. We just tell them a crazy price (which they always accept) and then tell them as soon as the Cashiers Check clears we will produce the order. They never respond.