• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon 48 Ink inconsistency/dropout need advice

dtdm

So my falcon started dropping / not fully printing its magenta cartridge. New 3/4 oem ink, damper is newer also.

Ignore the banding *threw some scrap material in to test print the problem until I figure out what is going on exactly... and any other printing problems other than the magenta issue..

mutohFalconInkDrop1.jpg

Here is another.
mutohFalconInkDrop2.jpg

SO, the damper starts full obviously, but then empties? causing the loss of magenta?
I threw a cleaning cartridge, took damper off, and sucked cleaning through... it seemed tougher than it should have, so I believe its probably a clogged line?

I left the solution sit in the line for an hour or so... then drained, then loaded magenta, sucked it all through.
However these are after I ran the cleaning solution through the magenta lines.... I think there is still something in there.

I have never had a problem with the lines before, so do I just change them out completely? I have ordered lines but they will take a few days...

In the mean time is it okay to let cleaning solution sit in the lines over night?
Is it okay to "print" with the cleaning cartridge in (have it marked so it thinks its ink)...

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:

artbot

flush the line in reverse. set the cleaning cart, fill a syringe and agressively force the solution into the cart (you'll hear a rush of bubbles when the line is clean). the needle can trap neoprene from a cartridge, or a fragment of paper that will only come out going toward the cart. happened to me years ago causing yellow starvation. almost rebuilt my fj50. in the end the fix was free. hope it's that easy with yours good luck.

dtdm

Thank you artbot!
Flushed lines in reverse, replaced magenta damper, everything is golden!:thankyou: