• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Jr. Issue

bmatlock5

Today, I looked at my dampers and found them full, so I figured I would change them. While I had the printer apart, I noticed that my pump gears was covered in ink and upon inspection, found a hole in the line. I had a pump, so I pulled the maintenance station out and changed the pump. I put it all back together and we went to dinner tonight. when I got back I put all of the covers back on and fired it up. All of my cartridges were empty and in the waste bottle. I have had the caps swell up and do this before (so i learned not to put new cartidges in until I fix the problem this time!!) but the question I have is do you think that it is a coincidence that it happened while I had it apart or does anyone think that I did something to cause them to swell up and suck the ink out? Or when I used the syringe to fill the dampers by pulling on the waste lines, could that have caused suction or something to pull the ink out of the cartridges? just curious if anyone has an idea. Thanks

BobbyFosson

Any time you change a pump... power the unit back on and do a normal clean at the least... The cam gears in the pump may have been in the (what I call) open position. When the pump runs, the cam gears squeeze the tubes in a circular motion to pull the ink out of the lines. When the pump stops, it stops in a 'locked' position that clamps off the lines.

my 2 cents

bmatlock5

so do you think maybe it is not swollen caps? they did not look swollen to me, and i found it odd that black and color did it at the same time since last time it was color only. thinking about it, if your theory is corect and the pump was open, when i pulled the syringe i could maybe see where the vaccuum just kept pulling ink through the open line. it sat idle with the new pump installed from about 4:00 until we got home about 11:00 yesterday because i had to go get a wiper from a friend.