• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon JR Test Print can somebody tell me what the problem is

Graphics2u

Also every time i do test print i get this black ink on the printer itself before it hits the vinyl. See pic please.
If you're still getting this after the print position was set correctly you got a problem perhaps with the paper edge sensor or something like that.

I think there is an adjustment for the flush box also that could cause this. It should fire directly over the box but looks like its too far left.

tomence

I fixed the Yerror by adjusting some parameters. I input some numbers from the manual thinking those were the right ones and thats when i got the Yerror, then reset everything back the Yerror went away. I think i set the print position correctly but still getting that print on the printer itself. Also i think the fron sensor is not working becuase every time i load vinyl in Roll mode it reads the vinyl and then shoots the vinyl back from the printer and still going for another 30 seconds and stops. So i guess the front sensor is either not working or needs some adjustment for it as well.

tomence

If you're still getting this after the print position was set correctly you got a problem perhaps with the paper edge sensor or something like that.

I think there is an adjustment for the flush box also that could cause this. It should fire directly over the box but looks like its too far left.

Yeah maybe the flush box needs to be ajdusted too. This printer is like new it hasnt been used a lot but maybe this guy that owned this priner had some trouble before and went to change the motherboard but didnt fix the problem and put this pritner in storage for like over a year almost two years. Since then nobody else has worked on it until i got it and that is why i want go fix it. There is not even one scratch on the printer, there is no ink all over the printer like some others that i have seen, everything is tight no loose parts.

Graphics2u

Also i think the fron sensor is not working becuase every time i load vinyl in Roll mode it reads the vinyl and then shoots the vinyl back from the printer and still going for another 30 seconds and stops. So i guess the front sensor is either not working or needs some adjustment for it as well.
I think there is a diagnostic mode that you can check the sensors.

I resently had a problem of the same nature. When I removed the print heads I found that the platform under the color head was cracked around the threaded insert allowing the color head to move around while it's printing. Drove me crazy for weeks. Just an idea!

Skyhook35

HI New Here Does anyone know where I can get the Service Manual I'm having some real problems with my Jr - I'm getting Y errors like crazy and I have changed everything, Thanks Mike