• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falsely accused of copying design

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The mixed breeds are the ones you have to watch out for, no telling where their blood lines come from....

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• Tiger_Panda_Dogs_in_China_1.jpg
    Tiger_Panda_Dogs_in_China_1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 82

jrsc

You put glasses and a bowtie on any pittbull and it would look almost identical so it's not surprising it looks similar even if she never saw the picture

Even if she did draw from the photo you are using the photo, you are using an original drawing so you shouldn't have a copyright issue.

Even if he does try to sue you for copyright infringement and wins the maximum he can sue for by law is the amount of profit you made using his design unless he previously registered his photo with federal government and paid for a registered copyright which I'm sure he did not. I'm also guessing right now you have no or very little profit from the shirts. Even if you were to sell all the shirts it would probably cost him more to talk to a lawyer then he would be able to get from suing you and that is if he could even win.

Maybe you should sue him for defamation if he's posting stuff about you that isn't true. You could get a lot more from that then he ever could in a copyright case.

CanuckSigns

If you don't include the pit bulls living in the ghettos, those numbers would even out.

I tend to agree, I think the largest part of the problem is the type of people who shouldn't own a dog, generally want a tough looking dog and are therefore drawn to bull dog breads. if poodles were the most aesthetically "tough" looking dogs, you would see a rise in poodle attacks because the piece of s**t owners who are drawn to this type of dog (wanna be gangsters, tough guys, etc) do a horrible job of raising it.

CanuckSigns

I have 2 border collies and they are like little babies. They will never turn and eat someones face.

I would imagine that would be due to how they were raised, any dog has the capability to be vicious, but for the most part, proper upbringing will do wonders, kind of like people...

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Please don't draw a picture of this, but this was smartest and coolest animal to ever walk this planet. He was only here for 12 years, but he made everyone around him better every day he was here.

Attachments

• kahn.JPG
    kahn.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 92

Marlene

clearly a copy. stop making it and move on and do another that is your own. if it was jut a dog, I could see it if it looked just like another as they do but the glasses and tie, the fact that they line up perfectly when an overlay was done make it look like she ripped it off. sorry but I don't believe her

rjpjr

I would imagine that would be due to how they were raised, any dog has the capability to be vicious, but for the most part, proper upbringing will do wonders, kind of like people...
"Upbringing" and "Training" has nothing to do with Pits and behavioral problems.
This breed is VERY energetic and they need a release. IF they do not get their release, behavioral problems arise.
This is why seemingly great dogs turn on "GOOD" owners. EXCERCISE is the key!

That being said, I avoid Pit Bulls since many people do not understand the Excercise issue.

CanuckSigns

Anyways, back on topic, can you get the EXIF data from the photograph and compare the date with the date you made the drawing?

SignManiac

I just googled pit bull and bow tie. Who would have thought there would be so many images of pit bulls dressed in bow ties???
It's a serious craze I tell you. What next? Pit bulls in lingerie...

player

When I would discipline then they would totally acquiesce. Like little babies.

InstantOneMedia

I have 2 border collies and they are like little babies. They will never turn and eat someones face.

I have a friend who had 2 border collies. One, they've raised since it was a puppy. The second was a rescue. After having the rescue for 2 years, it randomly bit my friend on the face w/o provocation and required 20+ stitches. Any dog can bite and attack. There are more factors involved than just the breed.

SignManiac

Like certain breeds of dogs, my 16' Burmese Python was labeled as dangerous by the state of Florida. He was a gentle cuddler and only harmed large rodents.

Christian @ 2CT Media

To keep the topic off the rails, here is some info on the history and specifics about the breed: http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/dog-behavior/truth-about-pit-bulls

Personally I don't trust a dog that has been genetically bred with a locking jaw and a fight ready nature around my 4 yr old, but I don't instinctively feel that the breed is bad. I know many pitbulls that are very kind and affectionate, but the breed in general is mentally unstable due to its "work" nature much like Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Akidos, Rottweilers, Dobermans, etc. Truth is when a dog is bred as a task dog and they aren't kept occupied they all can do unexpected things.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
"Upbringing" and "Training" has nothing to do with Pits and behavioral problems...

Nature or nurture eh? While any animal can be trained, either willingly or unwittingly, to be a nasty specimen it is inarguable that some breeds are more aggressive [also defensive, submissive, and most any other -isive] than others. Having owned Komondorak, Great Pyrenees, Basset Hounds, Laboradors, and others, and having had to deal with an Anatolian Shepard or two, and all manner of herding dogs it is my observation that the passive/aggressive tendencies greatly vary from breed to breed.

The most interesting was the Komondor. This is a a dog that has been breed for well over a thousand years to guard livestock. Not to herd livestock, other dogs do that, just to guard and nothing else. All of the fetching up in the world will not change an iota this breed's instinct to guard it's flock. Which includes the very real physical, perhaps deadly, hazard to anything it and it alone decides is a threat to that flock.

The point being that the Pit Bull, such as is is, likewise is a subspecies that has become popular largely because of it's image and tendencies to be a nasty piece of work. That being the case, the breeding just naturally follows. I should think that anyone owning one of these roughly falls into one of two categories. Those who what to project some sort of 'tough guy' image and those who want to be iconoclasts and demonstrate how popular knowledge is fraudulent.

But the statistics are the statistics and they are difficult to dismiss with self-serving rationalizations. Those statistics clearly indicate that this breed is indeed more likely to take a chunk out of your than any other.

Besides, I find this particular breed to be butt-ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.