• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FastSigns

J

john1

For those who missed it http://www.cbs.com/shows/undercover_boss/video/2230591029/undercover-boss-fastsigns

at around 20:30 into the video she tries to apply a decal to a tailgate. Looks like they are using intermediate vinyl on vehicle paint due to the clear adhesive. Hmmmmm nice Fast Signs!

Idk guys, I really don't think someone should be the CEO of a company if they have no clue about the business first hand. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

showcase 66

I guess this will turn others from going into the sign biz when they see you are broke and struggling doing it for a living....glad I am a farmer. Crap I should be on that show....

You in a reality show. Now that is a show I would watch. So How do we get Mosh on TV. and not the nightly news for random shootings.

Desert_Signs

For those who missed it http://www.cbs.com/shows/undercover_boss/video/2230591029/undercover-boss-fastsigns

at around 20:30 into the video she tries to apply a decal to a tailgate. Looks like they are using intermediate vinyl on vehicle paint due to the clear adhesive. Hmmmmm nice Fast Signs!

Idk guys, I really don't think someone should be the CEO of a company if they have no clue about the business first hand. Just my 2 cents.

From what I understand, none of the installs were real. They were all made up jobs just so they could have something for her to do. Hopefully, knowing that they were made up, they used cheap vinyl since it was getting ripped off anyways.

J

john1

From what I understand, none of the installs were real. They were all made up jobs just so they could have something for her to do. Hopefully, knowing that they were made up, they used cheap vinyl since it was getting ripped off anyways.

Wow, How come people can't do a REAL undercover boss show? I really dislike how things are staged like this.

OldPaint

oh such power of observation! hehehehe I PUT INTERMEDIATE on a lot of vehicles.......and none of it has a clear liner!!!! so that not a reason to say what you say.

J

john1

oh such power of observation! hehehehe I PUT INTERMEDIATE on a lot of vehicles.......and none of it has a clear liner!!!! so that not a reason to say what you say.

What?

The liners not clear, The ADHESIVE is clear. We all know that intermediate digital vinyl on a vehicle = no no. I would have thought a shop like FS would use 3M Cast with air egress and grey adhesive.

I have had great results with intermediate CUT VINYL on a vehicle in the past but digital vinyl shrinks like a mothaaaaaa

CheapVehicleWrap

It was cheap vinyl in case they had to do a re-print. Yes these really are first day training sessions. The gimm-me's were a little off. She baited each one with a lower prize, evaluated their response before giving away much more. I think I'm going to send her a box of kleenex. Maybe the whole thing was a teardrop promo? And I agree, that building needed to be painted. I would pay to see Mosh on reality. Mosh is right, the best thing they did was show everyone was broke.

CES020

You'd have to fire about 90% of all CEO's then. Are you familiar with the "Peter Principle"? If not, google it. It's how most of them end up running the places.

I think good CEO's are few and far between. I'm still waiting to meet one.

Typestries

Pro tip....be sure to put on your white lab coat the next time you are operating your printer......

and

If you're a sign and lettering business, on national TV no less, why on earth are you going on surveys in a vehicle with no lettering on it? Really? They couldn't even slap a few logos on for the filming?

signage

Pro tip....be sure to put on your white lab coat the next time you are operating your printer......

and

If you're a sign and lettering business, on national TV no less, why on earth are you going on surveys in a vehicle with no lettering on it? Really? They couldn't even slap a few logos on for the filming?

:doh:couldn't find someone to make them for them:omg::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pat Whatley

You've got to remember that her job is not to make signs, her job is to run a profitable corporation. They're about to ramp up the training of the franchise owners....that's got as much to do with making the corporate stockholders more money as it does with making the franchise owners more money. It has nothing to do with making signs.

I will say this about them, when I researched converting my shop to a franchise FastSigns stood head and shoulders above every other franchise. They really had their stuff together. SignsNow was a joke.

J

john1

You've got to remember that her job is not to make signs, her job is to run a profitable corporation. They're about to ramp up the training of the franchise owners....that's got as much to do with making the corporate stockholders more money as it does with making the franchise owners more money. It has nothing to do with making signs.

I will say this about them, when I researched converting my shop to a franchise FastSigns stood head and shoulders above every other franchise. They really had their stuff together. SignsNow was a joke.

I suppose i'm just the type of person who has to be into whatever i am running business wise. I may outsource a few things i don't do in house but you bet your tail i research and find out as much as i can about what i outsource so i am knowledgeable on that end the best i can.

I once had a customer get their salon windows lettered, I asked her how long she has been doing hair and she said "Oh i know nothing about salons, i just wanted to run a business". Ever since then that kinda turned me off to people who own businesses they know nothing about. She closed before she opened by the way...true story.

Craig Sjoquist

Being a TV show based I'll just say half is real. seemed like she learned alot from the show and paid well for the education and all at the same time promoted Fastsigns and the Sign industry well .

I'd say that is a outstanding job she did.

This is what America is all about today it is all about media

Desert_Signs

and

That surprised me too. We don't run our shop that way. Now, at the building where she didn't meet with the customer, I can see that. But when they walked into the boxing gym? That should have been a salesperson. That was a huge opportunity for upsell.

I was also surprised they sent the one guy on an install in his beater car. Nothing against the guy, I know he's doing the best he can for himself and his family. I'm just surprised one of the top grossing FS locations in the US doesn't have a shop truck.

Urq

Keep talking everyone because I bet she is reading this Forum post to get her best ideas of what to do and how to do it now.:thumb:

ThinkRight

Keep talking everyone because I bet she is reading this Forum post to get her best ideas of what to do and how to do it now.:thumb:

Not likely
Clueless does not know what a forum is.
She has never heard of signs 101.
That was probably the first sign shop she ever visited.