• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Faux cast bronze plaques

Chuck Peterson

Hi Folks. Been a while.

There once was a company that made plaques that simulated cast bronze at maybe half the cost. They look very much like the real thing except if you tap on them you can tell they are plastic. I'm looking for something about 1/4" thick x 10 x 20". My customer doesn't want to spend $600 and as long as it looks like one and lasts a few years she will be happy. I have been happy with Gemini cast or routed plaques but the budget just isn't there on this one. Any ideas?

visual800

Routed 3/4 pvc and painted. We have done it and came damn close as long as you didnt tap it. It push comes to shove thats what we would do

Techman

thank-kerr-web.jpg

Get some MDF.. route it an dseal it with shellac.
Get some bronze Sculpt Nevau and coat it. Looks exactly like the real thing.,
spend about 30 bux,, make about $300

http://www.sculptnouveau.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=42

John Butto

Hi Folks. Been a while.

There once was a company that made plaques that simulated cast bronze at maybe half the cost. They look very much like the real thing except if you tap on them you can tell they are plastic. I'm looking for something about 1/4" thick x 10 x 20". My customer doesn't want to spend $600 and as long as it looks like one and lasts a few years she will be happy. I have been happy with Gemini cast or routed plaques but the budget just isn't there on this one. Any ideas?

That company was in NJ s and had bought some things from them maybe 15 years ago. Tried finding them a couple of years ago and they are no longer in business.

CanuckSigns

There is a company up here that makes them from plastic resin, they look identical to cast bronze, but cost a fair bit less.

they are pretty light, so I don't think shipping would cost too much

www.fusioncast.com

ThinkRight

Maybe someone in Wi can find out where these are made .I see them on all the new chillers.
They can't cost too much.
Trane Plaque.jpg