• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Favorite Quote from a Customer Today

intensegraphics

Gotta love Mondays...

Customer e-mail I got this morning:

" Um, my girls didn't get their order forms in yet. Could I get the info to you sometime Wednesday and then I'll just plan on picking the shirts up Friday afternoon?"

Lunatic Taskbar

I have a friend in the business that had received a call from "U need-a-sign Co." he says no I don't need a sign I am a sign co. the other guy says I am "U need a sign" friend yells I don't need a damned sign U need a sign says I need a sign, friend says what the hell is wrong with you. The guy hangs up and about 30 minutes later he shows up at the shop with a hurt arm and explains he can't paint some orders he needs out and needed help........we laughed till we cried

This was mid 80's

Out Standing. :ROFLMAO:

Pat Whatley

Had a guy come in this morning wanting a tiny banner made that he could stick on a 5" x 7" photograph so it would look like the people in the picture were holding it. 15 minutes of conversation later I finally convinced him to let me just do it in Photoshop for a minimal art charge. I told him I'd get it around 1:00 today, he asked if I'd have a problem emailing the art to his printer after he came in and approved it. Told the guy "No problem."

He came in at 1:00, looked at the art and loved it. He handed me the email address with the date Friday, February 12th written on it. He told me to send the email with that date on it because that's when his printer had to have the artwork to be able to get his printing done this afternoon (Feb. 15th)

I'm still not sure he understood that there was no way I could send the email back in time for him.

signgal

Wow, it's quite a week if I'm back here venting again...

So, I send a proof for a baby shower sign complete with the requested "boy" things. Primary colored Soccer ball, plane, train, blue striped background, etc.

Get an e-mail back... no pink please, add a fire truck and make the ball a sports ball

huh? reply: please call, I'm confused.

calls, I'm so sorry! I was looking on my blackberry and it was all distorted! This is wonderful... just add the fire truck!

roflmao if you don't laugh you'll cry!

TheSnowman

Had a guy come in this morning wanting a tiny banner made that he could stick on a 5" x 7" photograph so it would look like the people in the picture were holding it. 15 minutes of conversation later I finally convinced him to let me just do it in Photoshop for a minimal art charge. I told him I'd get it around 1:00 today, he asked if I'd have a problem emailing the art to his printer after he came in and approved it. Told the guy "No problem."

He came in at 1:00, looked at the art and loved it. He handed me the email address with the date Friday, February 12th written on it. He told me to send the email with that date on it because that's when his printer had to have the artwork to be able to get his printing done this afternoon (Feb. 15th)

I'm still not sure he understood that there was no way I could send the email back in time for him.

I missed this till just now Pat. That's great. You should have told him there would be a charge cause you'd have to go fire up the time machine and it hasn't been used since the 80's.

brian oliver

head cheese
This thread reminds me of one of my all time great exchanges i had with a doctor's wife several years ago.

Doc wants a sandblasted sign for his clinic but wants his wife to pick the colors. Between her schedule and mine we couldn't manage to meet face to face so I left my PMS book at the clinic for her to pick out her color choice. When I returned there was a Post-It note with an arrow drawn on it pointing to a color that corresponded precisely with One-Shot Emerald green.

So the sign is made and as I'm walking in the shop door after installing it. I can hear my wife on the phone with someone and she's getting really exasperated with whoever it is she's talking to. She sees me and tells the person on the phone that she really should be talking to me. She puts the caller on hold and informs me that it's the doctor's wife and she hates the sign. The sign has been on the wall all of about 20 minutes. I'm confused about what could possibly be the problem since it was made exactly like the proof, which was OK'd by the doctor.

I ask her what the problem is and she tells me the sign is the wrong color. I assure her that I painted the sign the exact color she spec'd and then she drops the bombshell: she tells me "that's the color I chose but it's not the color I wanted." What do you say to THAT? She tells me that her husband and I bullied her into using that color. Keep in mind I never even met the woman, how was I supposed to bully her into anything? I ask her what color she really wanted and she says "Pine". ....What the #*$% color is "Pine"?!

I tell her to go to the store and get a quart of paint in the color she wants and I'll repaint it, but since it's gilded I'll have to regild and that will get pricey. She argues about that but finally agrees. I go get the paint from the clinic (still not meeting the woman) and when I open the paint it is nearly black. How she figured that color was "pine" is beyond me. I'm barely into the repaint when the doctor calls. He asks how far along I am. I tell him I've only just started. He says "just make the sign like we originally agreed, I'll pay you for your extra work".

I have no idea what led to that decision, but I can tell you that I sure am glad I'm not the one married to that lunatic woman.

John L

Today; "Can your workers hammer more quietly please" (not the first time for that one actually).

Monday; My service guy says "Sir, we cant install the awning cause there is a 15' thick snow drift in the way the entire width of the building". Customer says "what, just move it". Service guy says, and I quote, "BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA" (with head cocked back and teeth showing all West Virginia like).

signmeup

So I'm sitting in my van at a parking lot and a guy knocks on my window. I roll the window down and he says,"Do you make signs?"

Attachments

• signmevan500.jpg
    signmevan500.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 74

stickermonkey

this is a good laugh!!! Wish I had more time to post my own examples..I'll have to come back when I have a chance...something tells me this could save me some $$$$ on my therapy bills!! :)

Jillbeans

From an email:
Is it possible to keep the original layout with the two lines but shorten the letters while keeping most of the length?

And Brian I think I did a sign for that same lady:
"But that sign is burgundy and I wanted maroon!"

SignManiac

Had a contractor send me a detailed spec sheet for some park walking path signs calling for complex aluminum construction with powder coating and wants a price and possibly installation all in two weeks.

Called him today with a question about the footers and install and now he tells me, don't go by the spec sheet, we're going to do the install and mount them on 4"x4" PT posts????

CentralSigns

The Goverment put a hold my account yeaterday, that's why you got your cheque back. It didn't bounce, just try toput the cheque through again, they released my account today. I could write you another.

Dice

"Can you send me a delivery confirmation so i can give it to my bank for a charge back?"

Ya let me just go type that up.

"Thanks!"

Click

Mosh

Had a contractor send me a detailed spec sheet for some park walking path signs calling for complex aluminum construction with powder coating and wants a price and possibly installation all in two weeks.

Called him today with a question about the footers and install and now he tells me, don't go by the spec sheet, we're going to do the install and mount them on 4"x4" PT posts????

I see that all the time in Gov speced work. You know they got a price and are scimming.

Last edited:

SignManiac

Skimming is taking a sheet of MDO and cutting it in the shape of an oval. Fiberglass it and you've got a fun water toy!