• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Favorite Quote from a Customer Today

signgal

so i go in the back room and come out with a blank 6" x 18"

one nail and one of them half size sharpie markers and ask

them if they have a hammer ....... 9 times out of 10 they take me serious

You've got entirely too much time on your hands! :ROFLMAO:

JasperST

I got reminded of one of my favorite ones yesterday after letting her know that her dozen name riders were done..."Great! When can you bring them over?"

jasonx

Phone: Were a competiting business and want to get into doing one way vision.
Me: ok then
Phone: can you tell us who your supplier is, whats the best way of installing it and how you price it.
Me: sure no problem. can you lend me your wife.
Phone: what no shes my wife.
Me: and this is my business
Phone:(hears the sound a truck makes when reversing)

Jillbeans

Mine was from me yesterday.
Customer, CD in hand: "Can you read Mac files?"
Me: duhhhh errr (drooling) No, I can't. Sorry.
Customer: Do you have brown vinyl?
Me: No, it took me 10 years to get rid of the last roll I bought.

JasperST

Mine was from me yesterday.
Customer, CD in hand: "Can you read Mac files?"
Me: duhhhh errr (drooling) No, I can't. Sorry.
Customer: Do you have brown vinyl?
Me: No, it took me 10 years to get rid of the last roll I bought.
I still have some brown I bought in 1990 (no, I won't use it on a nice job).

You should be able to read a mac file though, I save files from my mac laptop to a usb hard drive, thumb drive & memory cards and have no trouble with XP seeing and transferring them.

I use Corel to import ai, eps and pdf files for Signlab.

Jillbeans

Mark for some reason I am thinking of "The Shocker".
My Dr will never forget me among his thousands of patients because I told him I did not want to get that during my yearly exam.

binki

We are closed but still working about 9:30pm and a woman is pounding on the door. I open up and she asks how much for a pair of magnetic car signs. Give her the price and the answer is....
"I get them for less from someone else. He doesn't do them right and they fall off. I think I will go back to him"

hmmm,

SoCalN8V

Customer: This magnet you made me doesn't stick to my truck's left side.

Me: Okay, I don't understand why, it's the best magnet material available and we've never had a complaint before. Let's check it out.

We go out to his truck. He puts the magnet on the hood of his car and says, "See, it sticks to the hood but not the side".

Me: Sooooooo, that leads me to believe it's not a problem with the magnet. Has your truck ever been in an accident on that left side? Could there be bondo there?

Customer: Yes the truck was in an accident, but there is no bondo there.

I then take the magnet and it sticks to every other part of his truck except that left side.

Customer: Well, I can't use this magnet because it won't stick.

Me: (in the spirit of customer service) If it you want, we will give you a refund.

Customer: Okay, thanks. And I'll be back to order some signs from you guys.

Hasn't been back since. So, it's a win-win situation - he left happy and we're glad we paid him to go away.

signgal

Customer: This magnet you made me doesn't stick to my truck's left side.

Me: Okay, I don't understand why, it's the best magnet material available and we've never had a complaint before. Let's check it out.

We go out to his truck. He puts the magnet on the hood of his car and says, "See, it sticks to the hood but not the side".

Me: Sooooooo, that leads me to believe it's not a problem with the magnet. Has your truck ever been in an accident on that left side? Could there be bondo there?

Customer: Yes the truck was in an accident, but there is no bondo there.

I then take the magnet and it sticks to every other part of his truck except that left side.

Customer: Well, I can't use this magnet because it won't stick.

Me: (in the spirit of customer service) If it you want, we will give you a refund.

Customer: Okay, thanks. And I'll be back to order some signs from you guys.

Hasn't been back since. So, it's a win-win situation - he left happy and we're glad we paid him to go away.
good for you! excellent attitude!

yahhoo

had an Asian fellow come in and after spending 45 minutes looking at all the materials...(tyvek,styrene,sintra,crezon,etc.) and asking all the various prices.... he says "DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING CHEAPER THAN PAPER?"......was thinking i could paint right on to his forehead perhaps?? oh my....

Sign_Boy

Mark for some reason I am thinking of "The Shocker".
My Dr will never forget me among his thousands of patients because I told him I did not want to get that during my yearly exam.

Jill you are off the hook :ROFLMAO::clapping::rock-n-roll:

A while back I made a friend a bunch of signs - he paid and said you're going to install them right?
I said if you pay me to - he says no that's OK I'll do it.

Well - I just got a text from a him, It said....
YO the !%*#^!& sign to hang on warehouse the most toughest!! 90% done.
Need Screws. Took about 10 hours!!

I text back.....
So I guess my job is easy then hahahaha

Jillbeans

This is from the call I had Friday. I am not bothering to type my responses.
Imagine a Valley Girl voice.
"Someone told me to look at your website because yins do vinyl graphics. Are those for cars?"
"Ummm, like how big are those?"
"Does it matter how big it is? Like is it more money if it's bigger?"
"Can you do a logo for me?"
"I don't think they'll care if I use their logo."
"But it's like my favorite band! I had their old sticker but I lost it."
"Can you just sell me the piece of vinyl and I can cut it out myself with a razor blade?"
(at this point I wanted to slash my wrists with a razor blade)

Today I got a call from my old friend Mr. Time Waster Racer.
He calls every year and almost chokes when I quote him, and he never buys anything.
I guess the first year the other sign guy did his car "cheap".
The next year "He robbed me!"
The following year Mr. Waster bought the decals and applied them himself.
But "they were still outrageously expensive."
He asked me to quote him and again choked.
"Why do yins guys charge so much?"
I told him to call Flinner.
"I don't know how he stays in business, he's so expensive."
I said it's because he is good.
He asks if I'm still painting then says paint doesn't last on a race car.
I told him pehaps he should get a Cricut and cut his own decals.

JasperST

It's almost forgivable for someone unaccustomed to business, or life in general, but Friday I get a call from a long time (dumped her a year ago) customer saying they wanted a design for a new directory. Could I give it some thought and put something together?

"Sure, but there's a fee for that."

"I'll get back to you."

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
we regularly get people coming in that ask the same question "do you make signs?"

now there's a huge sign above the door that says "sign factory" and there's window perf on the door they walk through that says the same thing.....

...nope, we don't make signs, only stickers ;P

Jillbeans

Another guy has another sign maker that he is getting an additional quote to make the sign/banner. The basketball coach will select the cheaper quote. Do you think you could do both sign and banner for $75.00?
Ummm...HELL NO.
:)