• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Favorite Quote from a Customer Today

Dice

It was the wrong size apparently. Dimensions given to us by the customer, with a written confirmation of the size.

We offered to discount the reprint. He said he would think about it and get back to us.

Just found that he is now disputing the CC charge.

I think i need to borrow that Pencil.

S

scarface

Recently a woman wanted a 4'x4' sign. I sent her the layout and she said she liked it but wanted to see what it would look like turned the other way. I told her it would be the same since it's 4'x4'. She said, "Oh, so you can't turn it the other way?". What do you say to that?!

Another guy picked up a 4'x8' and didn't have a truck. He decided he would CUT IT IN HALF to get it into the backseat of his Ford Taurus. He wanted to cut it 4'x4'. I told him it wouldn't fit and showed him how 4' was too tall to fit. He said, with a tone like I was an idiot, he could turn it the other way. I had to explain that it was still 4' tall. (He decided to cut it 2'x8' and put it in the trunk through the backseat. wow.)

WOW that is all i have to say :doh:

Border

It was the wrong size apparently. Dimensions given to us by the customer, with a written confirmation of the size.

We offered to discount the reprint. He said he would think about it and get back to us.

Just found that he is now disputing the CC charge.

I think i need to borrow that Pencil.

Good thing you had it agreed on, in writing!

Jillbeans

The one which never fails to make me see red:
"Is that the best price you can give me?"
GRRRR
I was shopping last week and overheard someone ask that question to a T-Shirt vendor.
It even p!ssed me off then.

*You just type that into the computer...right?
*Are these stickers re-useable?
*Do you have that chrome diamond plate vinyl?
*We need a 15"x10' banner for tomorrow. What? You don't have it in stock?
*I have a plotter and can send you the CAD file. Can you work from that?
*Can you come and look at my window? It needs lettered. It's just a regular-sized window.

Those were some actual examples of the last 3 days' calls.
Love....Jill

Pat Whatley

Back when I first started I had a guy order two lexan faces for his backlit sign. I drove by, got the measurements of 3'x8', made the signs and he picked them up.

He called back bitching that they didn't fit and he needed them cut down. I told him to measure the old signs and I'd cut them to exactly that size, assuming there was going to be a 1/4" or so difference because the cabinet was warped.

He came back with measurements that I was off 4" in both directions. Being new and not knowing why "I was that far off" I cut the faces down. He called back that afternoon bitching that I'd cut them down too far.

Yep, he'd measured the opening in the cabinet, not taking into account that 2" all around was covered by the retainers. He ended up screwing his new faces into the old faces and just left the lights off.

iSign

The one which never fails to make me see red:
"Is that the best price you can give me?"
GRRRR

WELL, ACTUALLY IT WAS THE BEST SIGN I COULD GIVE YOU... IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE, WE CAN DO THAT.

HOW MUCH CAN YOU AFFORD?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sent an invoice out a week or so ago and got the call this morning....

Oh, I'm sorry, but you made the bill out to Wyomissing Park.
Yeah ??
Well, we're Wyomissing Parks.
Okay ??
Well, you see, you'll have to re-bill us under the correct name or our treasurer.... who is a real stickler for these things won't pay it.
But other than one letter is all the other information correct ??
Yes, just not how our name is actually spelled.

:banghead:

signpro

Manager
^ yup.
it's the best price i can give ME.

i hate having to ask the customer this, but after giving prices for 3-4 signs that get continously smaller...
"Mr Customer... what are you looking to spend on this?"
and that question is usually followed by me laughing loudly inside my head!

Me today taking an order with one customer in the shop, the other on conference call -ordering 300 posters:

Me: Sure, no problem - and when do you need this by?
Customer: If you could have i within the next 30 minutes that'd be great.

Me: Umm, don't think that's possible - don't really think today is possible, probably by the end of the week (and that's really pushing it, but doable and doing a favor)

Apparently the sign business is in the same category as fast food restaurants.

Graphics.Atl

Had a customer ask me to do him a "solid" and give him the crappy design for basically nothing. This is the same PITA customer that wants everything for nothing and has the most condescending way of asking for it. Needless to say he will soon be fired.

jcuminale

Had a customer ask me to do him a "solid" and give him the crappy design for basically nothing. This is the same PITA customer that wants everything for nothing and has the most condescending way of asking for it. Needless to say he will soon be fired.

better to be pissed off....than _ _ _ _ on!:Cool 2:

blackicefx

My favorite recently when told by a satellite shop owner that he also jumped into signs. 'I didn't want to pay the ridiculous price that the sign shops were charging and figured, since there's no skill involved that I could do it. Between you and me as sign guys, you just cut and slap on the vinyl anyway. The mark up is crazy.'

I almost punched him.

Matthew
BlackIceFX