• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Favorite Quote from a Customer Today

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My favorite recently when told by a satellite shop owner that he also jumped into signs. 'I didn't want to pay the ridiculous price that the sign shops were charging and figured, since there's no skill involved that I could do it. Between you and me as sign guys, you just cut and slap on the vinyl anyway. The mark up is crazy.'

I almost punched him.

Matthew
BlackIceFX

I had a guy, just the other day.... say something similar to me on the phone about a quote from another sign shop being too high. I asked him what the other quote was and he hesitated and then I broke the silence by saying, I don't want to raise your price any higher by taking the time to figure it out.... just tell me what the other guy quoted and I'll tell you if I can beat it or not. He said something like $250 and I said take it.... it's a steal at that price. My materials cost that.

Actually, it was only worth about $75 or $100 bucks, but I figured screw him.... let 'em pay top buck and waste his cheapness on someone else.
...... and don't tell me I left money on the table, sometimes playing games is just plain fun :ROFLMAO:

signpro

Manager
Gino... i've done it too... sometimes you can just tell over the phone they are going to be a PITA and it's not worth it for $100.

customer of mine said his opening was 94"x 46". i asked, are you sure? yes! he said..so we made his sign per his specs. he says we did it wrong!! we redid and still wrong...(only to find out later and after a few heated discussions) that HIS tape measure had a bent tip.....so he started measuring at the 2" mark.....and he also was an engineer!!!

astro8

What about the full size 'sample'....

or the customer that you show 2 different layouts to and they come back with...

"I can't decide...can you make both signs and I'll pick one?"

coyote

"why don't you just give us a design and we'll have our local Boy Scout troop make the sign"...

Or:

while exhibiting stained glass windows at a craft show, husband really likes a particular piece of work: wife says, "oh, let's take a class and make one ourselves..."
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

SignManiac

This was passed on to me "by" the customer... Informed and aware of the value of a good sign.

"Not having a sign is like winking at a girl in a dark room; you know what your doing but she doesn't."

MITCHATEXOTIC

O.k. 2

What color is blue or what does blue look like or just make it blue
Then the customer who was upset that I was making it to complicate by needing him to approve a proof....