• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Favorite Quote from a Customer Today

jbennett

I had one yesterday.

An often PITA customer called and left a message for me to call him back since I wasnt near phone. Message stated "now be sure and call me". Since I am usually not that gung-ho to return his calls. I called and he tells me that he has went to work for a local car lot that has a cutter and it cuts scribbles in the designs. The quote was" I need you to come by here tomorrow and take a look at it and see if you can fix it." I told him I am too busy to come by there.

You know, these guys are no threat to business and only do some "hack-job" stickers from time to time, but I still feel like that takes a lot of gall to call and darn near demand help. And I GUARANTEE it would be expected to be free!!! I should go and tell them that the canuter modulation solenoid has malfuntioned and it will cost at least $175 to fix it. I aint that way, but it sure is a thought :banghead:

jbennett

Graphics2u

A couple years ago I had a customer come in and ask one that's already been mentione "Do you make signs?" I said "yes." He asks "Are they any good?" I said "No, they're pretty junky." He replies "Really?" :banghead:

I don't know what answer he was expecting but that through him for a loop!

Flame

I love the gung ho dudes that come in for baseball or softball, tell you your stuff looks awesome and they can't wait to get a bunch of banners and signs.... and just as you start to get a twinkle of hope, they say "we're really hoping to just get them for free. You'll help us out, right?"

um... no.

m.hafenbrack

Just had a customer come in wanting 30 posters. He sees our samples and loved the quality, but then asks "can you design & print one of mine for free? then if I like it I'll buy the other 29"

Then he responds with a favorite of mine "But I'm trying to give you guys business, so why can't you help me out?"
Talking like I already owe him something before he's bought anything.

SoCalN8V

Just had a good one this morning. A woman comes in and asks the price for a coroplast sign. I give her the price and she says, "does it come with words printed on it?"

hydo1

We had a guy who owned a race car (you can see where this is going) and he wasted 15 minutes giving us measurements and describing what he wanted. Then he goes on to explain how he needed people to donate their services to help him get through this first race. Needless to say the conversation stopped there. Like the whole community is going to band together to help him with his personal hobby.

Bradster941

i get at least one call every day that goes like this:

me: CL Graphics
caller: Is this comcast
me: No this is CL Graphics. You must have dialed the wrong number.
caller: are you sure, the cable company told me to call this number.
me:Yeah I'm pretty sure.
caller:OK

2 minutes Later

me: No this is CL Graphics. You must have dialed the wrong number again.
caller: OK

apparently the cable company number is one number off mine. What I dont get is how these people constantly dial it wrong twice in a row.

I Love this one as a local hair salon has a number thats (1) digit off mine.

Me: This is (company name ), Brad speaking, how can I help you today?

caller: is Shanda there? I need to make an appointment.

Me: No Mame, this is ( company name ). You must have dialed the wrong number.

caller: Well can I make an appointment for Thursday?

me: (knowing what the gizz is with the non listening, confused old lady )

Yes Mam, would 10:eek:o am be suitable for you as we will be serving gourmet coffee and croissants during that time?

caller: 'Oh yes, that will be just fine..!!...:smile:

So far I've booked everything from haircuts to perms, manicure's, you name it.

Do I feel bad?

No Way...

If I identify myself from the get go, then repeat myself, and you still have no clue, then go sit in the lobby for Shonda who probably has the day off Dip $hit.

Waist my time and I'll waist more of yours.... :ROFLMAO:

jiarby

I used to do that years ago in Texas... My home# was the same as a Pick-Your-Own-Part junk yard but the area code was different.

So, morons would dial their number but leave off the area-code and it would get connected to ME. At first I was patient and explained... after a while it got real old, ESPECIALLY at 5:00 on Saturday mornings.

I started quoting parts... "Yep, we have a rt. front fender for your <whatever>.... in great condition on clearance for <insert crazy low #>

I eventually moved and had to change numbers

i get at least one call every day that goes like this:

me: No this is CL Graphics. You must have dialed the wrong number.
caller: are you sure, the cable company told me to call this number.
me:Yeah I'm pretty sure.
caller:OK

2 minutes Later

me: No this is CL Graphics. You must have dialed the wrong number again.
caller: OK

apparently the cable company number is one number off mine. What I dont get is how these people constantly dial it wrong twice in a row.

Simple...redial.

Pat Whatley

"I don't care what you have to do but I want it to go in the same direction."

I told him I could make one side read backwards. That'd do it. (puttin' him on with just a dash of sarcasm)

Again with "I don't care what you have to do...."

I turned him over to the boss to 'splain it to him 'cause I had lost me patience.

Had a guy that worked for a pool company drop off a truck for us to letter. Came to pick it up later that day laughing that we'd screwed up and put the driver's side layout on the passengers side. After a ten minute conversation with me getting more and more frustrated he finally just slammed down his cell phone and said "Look, the L is toward the front on this side...it should be toward the front on that side." I grabbed a piece of paper, wrote "ECIVRES LOOP" on it and held it up to the truck, he finally cheerfully yelled "EXACTLY!"

Cheerfully I stripped the lettering off the passengers side door and relettered it with everything in reverse order...not reversed mind you, just in reverse order. He left happy.

I've often wondered if he got back to the shop, told his boss the whole story, then let his boss look at the truck.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Cheerfully I stripped the lettering off the passengers side door and relettered it with everything in reverse order...not reversed mind you, just in reverse order. He left happy.

That is crazy! I think I would have followed him back to work just to see the season finale.

Shovelhead

I have a set of channel letters where the drawing reads "11'-3 1/2""
Corporate will not approve it until I type in "135.5".
:ROFLMAO:

Si Allen

Well....so much for today's recent graduates....zero math skills, can't do fractions !

:banghead::banghead: ... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: