• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Favorite Quote from a Customer Today

legacyborn

I was trying to let a customer know about the expense of his 7' tall A-Frame with a 2' topper (still not even sure how it would have been engineered, glad I don't have to worry about it now)

He asked what the price of a normal sized A-Frame was (2'x4') and I told him $300-400 dollars,

He said "good, that's exactly the price I was thinking it would be"

Then I had to spend a few minutes explaining to him that his A-Frame was anything but normal. He didn't get it.

gbahue

Q:Can you quote a window decal sign vinyl sign for me? I have a price from fast signs and I need two more for my boss. A: Really? What did fast signs quote for the project? Because they are usually the lowest price around here. :)

Turns out the client was shopping a $100 quote! Sheesh.

SoCalN8V

Okay, this just happened two minutes ago. I received an email from a customer who said that the double sided sign was pointing in the wrong direction and asked if we could fix it asap. I called her and told her to turn the sign around and that would solve the "problem". She said, "oh...".

Border

Okay, this just happened two minutes ago. I received an email from a customer who said that the double sided sign was pointing in the wrong direction and asked if we could fix it asap. I called her and told her to turn the sign around and that would solve the "problem". She said, "oh...".

Blonde by chance????
:clapping:

Letterbox Mike

oh dear god we get that all the time. We once did 50 yard signs for someone, all had an arrow on them, double sided. We had them all stacked up leaning against a wall in the lobby when they arrive to pick them up, all of the arrows were facing one way. They freaked out and started yelling about how the arrows were going the wrong direction and there's no time to do them over and they're so angry and on and on and on. We kept trying to explain or show them that on double-arrow signs you just flip it around and the arrow will point whichever way they need it. They were livid. I finally just grabbed one from his hands, walked a few feet away, and held it up. "It's going the wrong way, why can't you see that?!?" he yelled. I didn't say a word, just flipped it around. Silence. Golden, chocolate covered silence. He akwardly paid without saying another word, and we haven't seen him since.

Why in the world are double-sided arrow signs so f'n difficult for people to understand???

legacyborn

just found this through fukung.net and had this conversation with a customer a couple of days ago only he wanted a banner.

Last edited by a moderator:

grafxxx

customer: i would like car graphics...
me: sure
customer: how much?
me: depends on size what design
(mean while do design proof and send it)
me: your price is $350.
customer:...... ok sounds good can i give you 100 then make payments...
me: No full payment...
customer: lets me call you back.
<<<Call Back>>>>
customer: do you like pit bulls?
me:?????
Customer: how about i give a pitbull if you do my graphics.
me: um no have a great day...

stillhasdust

I work for a distributor and I had a demo that I was doing for a Canon imageProGraf iPF7000. I told her to bring a picture and we would print it out and see how she liked it. She showed me the picture ,which happen to be some form of poster selling a dvd, and of coarse instead of doing it full size I wanted to only do it at 50% but she insisted that she wanted to see how fast it will print the full 17 inch so I said okay and started printing the picture for her. Well after that picture she was happy but now she wanted to see how fast it would do 4 more of them?!?!?!!
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Lets just say the demo didn't continue much longer.

Modern Ink

customer orders a banner.......wants orange background with black text. Simple.......

We print the banner, customer comes in to pick it up..........

"Oh! I wanted this color orange for the background." Customer walks out to his truck and get a gallon of paint he JUST purchased and shows us.

After I finished laughing I told him we would have to charge him for reprinting the banner.

Reply:
"Well I do a lot of work with you. Can't you reprint that for me (for free)?"

My Response:
Walk over to file cabinets and pull his file. Show him the THREE jobs that he had done with us over the last 4 years. Average job was about $150.00.

"No we can not reprint that for you (for free)."

Dice

Hi,

When I ordered this sign yesterday, I requested specifically that it can’t arrive before Monday, but no later than Tuesday.

Can you please let me know why it’s now scheduled to arrive on Friday?

Stacy

Huh?

d fleming

First time customer came in at 4 today, dropped off six 1 inch product clips from a brochure and a page for background to be scanned. All products he services (except the background), all product to be extracted, placed on background and layout text as well. Called back at 5 to ask why he didn't have a proof yet. He is now shopping somewhere else.

OneUpTenn

Customer: I need shirts made by Friday...can you do it?
Me: I dont know depends on what goes on them
Cust: My logo..can you change the colors in it?
Me: I dont know I havent seen your logo
Customer: Its a simple logo
Me: I still haven't seen it..I can't tell you for sure
Customer: I am really worried that you are not gonna be able to pull through for us
Me: Good Day

&^%$#@$%

ATXsigns

I did a barter with a lady- Her BF did my kitchen backsplash tile, I'm going to do her vehicle grahpics for an art biz. She's asked 8 times "if I have the design this week, can we do it?" She hasn't come though yet. omg.

Pro Image

I had a customer call and ask me to donate a banner.......I asked what for......She said they had a budget for banners but they spent it all with my competition and they needed a extra banner and they wouldn't do it for free.......

I said what makes you think I will work for free......? I don't know.......was the answer......

I said sorry .....you should have call me about the order to star with........Its not my problem now........

Crazy people in the world.........