• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FB700 Issues on magnet

enis1986

Hey guys I am trying to direct print on the magnet material on the fb700 and I keep getting overspray around letters. Does anybody have any suggestions?

enis1986

It is magnum flexible magnetic material, and the head height is the lowest it can be. I wonder if it is due to the flatbed being a UV printer.

poslive

Curious. We run a bunch of the same material on our FB700 with the head set to .085" with no problems. Is that the only material you're having issues with?

enis1986

No I tried the same file on coroplast and got the same result, so I made a file of just solid colors and im getting overspray on those too.

enis1986

I thought it was static also but we clean and wipe our material down first before we print onto it. I run it bi directional, I think thats the only way it can print I havent found a uni directional setting.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Voltage Problem

I would say the head voltage is off, unless it is material specific, then it is static.
Also, FYI, I've had problems with ink adhesion on magnets with UV ink.
Magnum makes a UV Top Coated and it sticks amazing!

fozzie

What's the relative humidity in your shop? Should be around 50%. In the winter you may be really low without a good humidifier system. A low humidity can cause bad overspray due to static no matter what board prep tpu do.

Salmoneye

With as cold as it has been I bet it's humidity. We have been having some overspray on our mild solvent and we never do.