• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fc3100-60 hesitates during cut

ParkSupervisor

I have a fc3100-60. When sending a job to cut, it sporadically hesitates while cutting (just a split second). When it does this, it leaves an unclean cut (see pic). I am wondering if its a setting or software issue. Has anyone else experienced something similar? I have replaced the cutting strip and tried different blades and blade holders. The software is SignGo. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20181008_150212.jpg
    20181008_150212.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 267
  • 20181008_144212.jpg
    20181008_144212.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 244

CJ-NYC

I have a fc3100-60. When sending a job to cut, it sporadically hesitates while cutting (just a split second). When it does this, it leaves an unclean cut (see pic). I am wondering if its a setting or software issue. Has anyone else experienced something similar? I have replaced the cutting strip and tried different blades and blade holders. The software is SignGo. Any help is appreciated.

Is the cutter attached to a network switch? Maybe you're getting network collisions?

ParkSupervisor

Is the cutter attached to a network switch? Maybe you're getting network collisions?

Like a network hub? No sir. It communicates via a parallel port to the rs232 pci slot on the rear of my desktop.

I contacted graphtec, but since its a legacy model, they dont offer much support. They just suggested it could be static and to try a static string. Thought that was a weird suggestion.

ParkSupervisor

Just an update...

When i send one design to the cutter, it cuts fine. When i send two or more designs to the cutter, the cutter sporadically hesitates, and when it hesitates, it applies enough pressure to push the blade holder and blade flush with the machine.....puncturing the vinyl. It also leaves drag marks from the blade.

I originally thought it was an issue with the machine. Tried different blade holders and blades. Also tried removing any static in the area. No luck. I am ordering a new parallel cable to see if that helps. If that doesnt work, i am thinking it is something with the machines main board or settings within SignGo. I cant cut from another program to verify that.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.