• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FC4100-130 - Curves not cutting smoothly

asapsigns

I have a FC4100-130 and I am cutting with an older version of Flexi (6.6v1). I've replaced the cutting strip and blade. My problem is when cutting smaller letters, doesn't matter if it is uppercase/lowercase, it doesn't cut straight, instead it cuts a squiggly line. The same on curved text as well. I've checked the file and there are no issues. Has anyone ran into this issue and if so, what do I need to do to resolve this issue?

Example 1: funky_curves.jpg

Example 2: funky_curves1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

asapsigns

I replaced the little arm that holds the pen about 6 months ago, but as far as the pen that holds the blade (I'm assuming this is the blade holder) it's never been replaced since we purchased this second hand back in 2006. Could this be the issue?

Last edited:

CS-SignSupply-TT

Alas, it IS the issue. The manufacturer "recommends" replacing the BLADEHOLDER every six months. Do not be surprised if there is an avalanche of "HAHs!" to that recommendation. Nevertheless, no change since 2006? OH MY!

asapsigns

Never had a problem until now, so that is why it was a surprise to me. Thanks for your help. I'll get one on order.

rcook99

Make sure the head does not have any play. Grab the head and try to turn it left or right. If it has any play you need to tighten the head. Also make sure the blade is rotating smoothly while in the holder. I would exhaust all other measures before buying a new holder.

I have had 2 Graphtec cutters a CE and the current FC of which I am the second owner. Been using it for 3 years and have never had to replace the holder as suggested just the cut strip and or blades.