• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FDC 7233 Series Calendered Air Advantage 3.0 mil - Wrinkles when Print

Graphics2u

First time I've Used FDC (probably the last). Only used it because I needed a matte finish with air release, this is what supplier had.

When printing on Mutoh 1614 it wrinkles along the edges. I've turned heat on Pree and Platen heaters way down to 35 degrees. And if anything theat made it worse.

Anyone used this before or have suggestions?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Wrinkle1.jpg
    Wrinkle1.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Wrinkle2.jpg
    Wrinkle2.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 58

Graphics2u

It look fine on the roll. Not a wrinkle to be seen. Thought it was too much heat at first, but apparently that's not it.

Cale Frederick

Solvex perforated does that to me a lot. Havn't found an answer though... Is the backing paper still flat or is it wrinkling to?

If your still looking for a great matte calendared vinyl, Avery 2923 EZ is awesome!!!

Graphics2u

Solvex perforated does that to me a lot. Havn't found an answer though... Is the backing paper still flat or is it wrinkling to?

If your still looking for a great matte calendared vinyl, Avery 2923 EZ is awesome!!!
Just the vinyl wrinkles. Backing stays flat. This roll is just garbage! I came accross a 6' section that has big blotches of adhesive missing from the back! Then about 8' feet farther into the roll there is a giant blob of adhesive that looks like it dripped on the vinyl side, about 2" wide and 12" long. Unbelievable! If I didn't need to ship out these signs tomorrow I'd throw the whole roll out! So I just keep trying to find good sections long enough to do the prints I need.

CS-SignSupply

I would recommend contacting:

Matt Buckley
Marketing and Technical Manager
FDC Graphic Films, Inc.
574-904-4770

You will need the Lot number and order date of the roll. Obviously you should contact your distributor as well.

Cale Frederick

I have only ever used FDC cut vinyls and they always seemed very well made. I'm surprised that their print film would have so many issues. Hope you get it figured out!

D&Tgraphics

I don't know what is causing it but I do know that it's probably just crap material. In our shop, FDC is the "F" word. It's terrible.

the graphics co

isn't FDC just rebranded 3m product? That was my understanding at least.

I would return the roll as defective and hopefully that doesn't happen again.