• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FDC Sign Question

Sdegen2008

You are a very gracious person. If someone called me a hack when I was reaching out for some advice I don't think I would have handled it as well as you. Well done.

Well I appreciate it very much! I am doing my best to take constructive criticism for what it is; I'd like to learn and grow from it. Also, we're on the internet so I have to always keep that in mind :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Gino,

I appreciate the accolades. I was definitely not insulted- I knew in my heart the work was not as good as it could be and I want to get better at this.

Oh and PS, I am a lady for all it's worth ;)

Haha..... just add an 'S' in front of the he's and ya got it. Ya might need an 'R' in back of one or two.

Some time ago, we established here on this site, that there are at least 37 genders, so if you fit in there somewhere and not feel jipped, you're Okay in my book. I think now there's more like about 60-some. I don't know where they keep finding all of them, but evidently there's a great need to find these things out. I have my transgender card with me at all times. That's all that matters to me. Cripes, I don't even need a bathroom to go. Anywhere is good enough for me. TMI...... :roflmao:

Sdegen2008

Haha..... just add an 'S' in front of the he's and ya got it. Ya might need an 'R' in back of one or two.

Some time ago, we established here on this site, that there are at least 37 genders, so if you fit in there somewhere and not feel jipped, you're Okay in my book. I think now there's more like about 60-some. I don't know where they keep finding all of them, but evidently there's a great need to find these things out. I have my transgender card with me at all times. That's all that matters to me. Cripes, I don't even need a bathroom to go. Anywhere is good enough for me. TMI...... :roflmao:

Good to see that all are welcome in the sign game!

mkmie

Lost Soul
What the heck is that supposed to mean ?? You trying to start an argument with me, using Sdegen as the bait ??

All kindsa people come here looking for help. Some are earnest and some are not at all. He was searching for answers and he got them..... both good and bad, but nowhere was he insulted to the point of how you make it sound.

If I had used the analogy of what you might want to hear, do you think he would've handled it the way he did ?? I highly doubt it. Sometimes the truth hurts. How else do you say it without making your point heard..... and understood ??
This member has earned my respect. Not because he did what I suggested, but because he did come back and fess up. He is a doer and not just another hack, like so many on here.

Andy D

I know it's a done deal, and the OP went in a different direction...
For the type of sign it is, if you had to splice it, I would butt the edges together (no overlap) and apply clear lamination over that.
Reflective doesn't shrink like other types of vinyl, and the lamination would doubly insure that.

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I like when I get to say "butt seam" professionally. Now I just need to figure out how to slip in "nipple" into my sign vocabulary.