• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fed up & need to vent

I don't understand how some people run their businesses these days.
I had a coro job that I needed to outsource, I decided to use a guy (I don't think he is a member here but who knows) who I have used in the past a few times and had no problems with and got great results and service from.
I spoke with him both through email and on the phone a bunch of times to place the order and I paid him for the job.
He had told me that the job would be printed and shipped out to me within 3 or 4 days. ok no problem I thought.
All of the sudden I can't get in touch with him for a week and a half! I finally hear back from him on an email and he tells me that his Mother had passed away and that's why he was unavailable.
I don't know about you guys but... IF that happened to me I would have made immediate contact with all customers who had a pending job to let them know that it would be delayed, I also would have offered to ship the job once it was finished overnight delivery and I would eat the extra shipping cost.
Anyway...
He tells me that it would ship on Tuesday of last week. I try to get in touch with him again with no response at all. Here it is Thursday the following week and I still have nothing.
Meanwhile, this job was for a new client who has been calling me throughout the entire time wanting to know when she will get her signs.
I called my credit card company and stopped the payment to this guy and now I need to find somewhere else to get the job done. What an *** ache!
I need to find a screen printer that is local to me to get this stuff done. I am finished outsourcing to other parts of the country.
Anyone know any in Central NJ?
:frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

Locals Find!

I would suggest using signs365 they aren't in jersey but, they almost everything in 24 hours. They are merchant members here and they are large enough that a death in the family isn't going to shut them down.

Sorry, to hear what happened to you though. That would really **** me off too.

tattoo.dan

I would suggest using signs365 they aren't in jersey but, they almost everything in 24 hours. They are merchant members here and they are large enough that a death in the family isn't going to shut them down.

Sorry, to hear what happened to you though. That would really **** me off too.

Yeah signs365 are in texas, but do quality work and ship same day most of the time or next day.

Mike F

More a bit up in north Jersey than central, but get in touch with Wyld Grand Format Imaging, they're a merchant member here and they're absolutely fantastic.

njsigns

Typestries is in NJ - I think they're actually pretty close to you- I've used them before and they are great - and they are a merchant member!

Gene

:thumb:

SignManiac

Because somebody has a business is no guarantee that they have enough common sense to run it right. In fact, I'd bet 50% of all companies in the world don't have a clue. It might even be higher than that.

Because somebody has a business is no guarantee that they have enough common sense to run it right. In fact, I'd bet 50% of all companies in the world don't have a clue. It might even be higher than that.

I am well aware of that. However when you use someone for outsourcing in the past and everything went well you don't expect to get kicked in the nuts out of nowhere.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I can understand your frustrations, it happened to me about 11 years ago, but from the other side of the coin. My father passed away around 5:am and I was by his bedside. I later called the shop, told all the guys they could have off with the day paid and if they wanted to stay, that too, was alright. I took the rest of the day off and helped with the arrangements and other things and returned to work the following day. The next few days were tough, but I muddled through them. I wasn't 100% at work in mind, but my body was. I knew things had to go on. I called a guy the day after my Dad died and told him I'd like to reschedule doing his truck and he went berserk. He never gave me a chance to tell him why and kept up what a lousy businessman I was and he couldn't do business this way, rescheduling at the last minute. Well, I thought.... too bad, wait til your last parent dies and see how fit you are to do business without missing a minute.

Bayshore, I disagree with the way in which your vendor mishandled things. He was wrong, but it still is a hard thing to do and we all handle death in different ways. He might not have had any help making arrangements, going and getting this and that signed and picking out clothes, caskets down to the looking for pictures to show the mortician how to do her hair. Some of these things just wear a person down so emotionally, it's hard to think straight. Granted 1-1/2 weeks is too long, but then again.... until it happens, it's hard to swallow until you're actually in their shoes.

If ya need help on this stuff, maybe we could help you out. We're about an hour west of Philly, so you'd probably be 1-day shipping plus whatever printing time you need. I think all of Jersey is 1-day from us.

Last edited:
I can understand your frustrations, it happened to me about 11 years ago, but from the other side of the coin. My father passed away around 5:am and I was by his bedside. I later called the shop, told all the guys they could have off with the day paid and if they wanted to stay, that too, was alright. I took the rest of the day off and helped with the arrangements and other things and returned to work the following day. The next few days were tough, but I muddled through them. I wasn't 100% at work in mind, but my body was. I knew things had to go on. I called a guy the day after my Dad died and told him I'd like to reschedule doing his truck and he went berserk. He never gave me a chance to tell him why and kept up what a lousy businessman I was and he couldn't do business this way, rescheduling at the last minute. Well, I thought.... too bad, wait til your last parent dies and see how fit you are to do business without missing a minute.

Bayshore, I disagree with the way in which your vendor mishandled things. He was wrong, but it still is a hard thing to do and we all handle death in different ways. He might not have had any help making arrangements, going and getting this and that signed and picking out clothes, caskets down to the looking for pictures to show the mortician how to do her hair. Some of these things just wear a person down so emotionally, it's hard to think straight. Granted 1-1/2 weeks is too long, but then again.... until it happens, it's hard to swallow until you're actually in their shoes.

If ya need help on this stuff, maybe we could help you out. We're about an hour west of Philly, so you'd probably be 1-day shipping plus whatever printing time you need. I think all of Jersey is 1-day from us.

+1 ... granted I don't run my own company, but when my father-in-law was very sick and on his last bits I took off 2 weeks to be with my husband (that was through him going to hospice and then the funeral) I couldn't imagine loosing my own father or mother. It's very tough... But I do agree as a business owner arrangements should of been made, I know I made arrangements so my work didn't fall too far behind.

Well I cant argue with you all however... When I heard from the guy 2 weeks ago and he told me this he also told me that the job was shipping out the next day. that was nothing but a lie so I have to be honest I don't believe a damn thing he told me.
Anyway, thank you all for your suggestions. I sent an email to Bill at Wyld GFI here in NJ and he called me within 30 seconds and he has gone over and above to help me out with this. Great guy and a great place if anyone needs somewhere to outsource to in NJ.

FS-Keith

I just have to ask, why did you shut the business down? dont you have people capable of running it for a day or two while you are gone? Sorry for your loss.

Typestries

Both us (Typestries/Weprintyouprofit.com) and Bill from Wyld grand are in NJ and happy to help.

We print and ship full color coros every day

Thanks Gene for the props.

Kevin-shopVOX

I've used i45 signs several times...excellent quality, great pricing and great turnaround. I'm sure the other guys mentioned here are solid vendors as well and going with any would be a solid choice.