• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Feed back please

Signmaker1234

Logo I designed, thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 149

Signmaker1234

U can see it!!!

for one, he doesn't know how to export images. cell phone pic of the screen? really?

You can see it can't you! What does it matter how it got here! I always take pics on my phone so I can look at it wherever I'm at! Cant make changes, but I can see it!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do you have any other directions you might wanna explore ?? These aren't quite doing it for me.

• The pictures are far too old fashioned.
  • The clever play of a dryer for an 'O' is kinda childish..... or at least this attempt of it.
  • The overall concept is too long.

Try stacking, jumbling around or making some kinda geometric shape out of letters vs. appliances.

Signmaker1234

Thanks

Do you have any other directions you might wanna explore ?? These aren't quite doing it for me.

• The pictures are far too old fashioned.
  • The clever play of a dryer for an 'O' is kinda childish..... or at least this attempt of it.
  • The overall concept is too long.

Try stacking, jumbling around or making some kinda geometric shape out of letters vs. appliances.

The customer likes the little guy with the wrench, which he supplied. More than likely he is gonna pick something with him in it! It is ok, but not my choice! I do appreciate the feedback, I'll probably play around with the designs just to see what else I can come up with though.

Billct2

The quality of the illustration aside...he's laening on an invisible ledge in mid air. Move him down so
he's resting on the text.
The name has too much emphasis, for a small business what they do is more or at least as important as his name.

TimToad

Coming here looking for constructive feedback is like going to a S&M Club and asking 3/4 of the other members to tie you up and whip you. Many here are incapable of articulating constructive feedback or analysis of other people's work without getting in a dig or resisting being mean about it.

I actually liked the washer in the place of the O concept if the store was selling appliances, but for the repair scenario, I'm not sure it portrays that well enough. The caricature looks too much like Homer Simpson and its overall poor quality really detracts from everything else. Having it all be one color links the weak graphic with the text, further dragging it all down together.

Let me go look at the options again and see if I have anything else to offer.

DravidDavid

With the version of the guy with the spanner lower down, you can see the white feather shadowing the top of the text. Perhaps move the character to the background so the text is up front and not being feathered by the image.

Unlike everyone else, I quite like the first example but with the script text. The "Appliance Repair" text on the others looks boring and unimaginative. If you're still not set in concrete with the design, you could try inversing the Appliance Repair and name text making Appliance Repair the fancy large font and the name of the repairer the text underneath.

Of course, I wouldn't recommend doing so if this person is a well known repairer in a small to medium community whos name is important. If not...Appliance repair is definitely the more important attribute.

Looking forward to seeing more revisions. :)